03 power numbers seem low

First-on-race-day

Established Member
03 cobra stock eaton,2.76,acufab throttle body and plenum,jlt cold air,diablo mafia maf,Kennebell BAP, mid length headers and off road exhaust. Got it dyno tuned about a year ago and only made about 450/445 and thats bc it spiked just a bit at the end. So more like 440-450whp. Dyno jet #s std.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What octane fuel? If it's 91 octane, those numbers are close to norm. If it's 93 octane, maybe 15whp/20wtq lower than norm (STD). Really not all that bad IMO.

By comparison, my old '03 Cobra with very similar mods (but no headers), I made 450rwhp/480rwtq (SAE). That was a 93 octane tune.

First-on-race-day

Established Member
93 octane
What octane fuel? If it's 91 octane, those numbers are close to norm. If it's 93 octane, maybe 15whp/20wtq lower than norm (STD). Really not all that bad IMO.

By comparison, my old '03 Cobra with very similar mods (but no headers), I made 450rwhp/480rwtq (SAE). That was a 93 octane tune.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok, so the number are a tad low, but not to the point of concern. It could very well be your tune (timing, for example). Any track numbers?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
insufficient data... dont know the correction factor, IAT2s, commanded vs actual timing etc...

CobraSam

Established Member
Also, what were conditions on dyno day? Humidity, elevation, etc. my friends termi swap fox with similar mods only made about 460 on 93. So you’re in the ballpark.
Any belt slip, costing you some boost?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
You didn't mention having a snub idler. A slipping belt could explain the low and upside down hp/tq figures.

First-on-race-day

Established Member
Does have snub idler. No belt slip. Holds about 13psi all the way to redline. And im not sure what the DA was for the day but it was about 84°.

I just figured that w me having the plenum,throttle body,2.76,BAP and a full exhaust system it would be better. If it was SAE#s i probably would of made 430-440whp. So im thinking im off about 25-35whp. Ill be checking everything soon and making sure everything is okay.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
My last cobra had JLT Highboost, 2.8 upper, bbk long tubes, offroad X, throttle body, Mafia, and a Afco heat exchanger and was actually tuned and only made 444 and similar TQ. Blue Car has cone filter, 2.8 upper, Catless X and a Old tune Chip and made 448/440 Every car is slightly different. I would say your in the range for a non ported blower.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
In your voltage post you stated your tuner tuned it for low voltage and your afr was around 10.8-11.0.
That rich isn’t helping your numbers any! Should be up around 11.8 at wot for the mods you have on 93 octane.

Ken

First-on-race-day

Established Member
In your voltage post you stated your tuner tuned it for low voltage and your afr was around 10.8-11.0.
That rich isn’t helping your numbers any! Should be up around 11.8 at wot for the mods you have on 93 octane.

Ken
Yup thats me. Hoping to get the voltage issues fixed and get it retuned soon

Users who are viewing this thread