03 Sonic Blue Cobra Show Car FOR SALE!

BoostedJeff

Established Member
Man oh man what a Monday morning read. Fellas, it's been a hot minute, but I had to chime in here. Josh has been using my photos to advertise his 'imaginary' CTS-V brackets on Instagram last week.

I commented on his post asking him to remove the post since he was using my photos to advertise/make money (turns out, scam people) on the CTSV brackets his buddy was making. He deleted my comment, then sent me a DM saying he was going to take them down (screenshot attached). Claimed he didn't know who's photos they were because he found them on an 'open forum' and he used them as reference. DM's below (I'm honestly annoyed now that I was so nice about it because I didn't hear about this thread until this past weekend.

After reading this thread, then putting 2 and 2 together. I remembered he actually messaged me on here back in January of this year asking about my brackets. He claimed his buddy with the white cobra on bronze wheels (which was posted in this thread at some point) was going to take the brackets off and recreate them in CAD.

Josh even had the audacity to ask me for a close up picture of the brackets (which I assumed he'd just end up using to scam people like he did with the SWLights stuff. I didn't respond to that message. My buddy Mike who originally created those brackets worked incredibly hard on those to make it happen. CAD work isn't cheap. Not to mention if he was actually going to follow through and copy it, I'd imagine it'd be very dangerous if the person designing/engineering them didn't know what they were doing.

This past Saturday I get a message on IG from a guy from California who I would chat with here and there. I don't want to post the screens on here out of respect for him (I can ask him for permission and chime back in if needed). But in cliffs, he was asking if I knew anything about Josh because he sent him $1k for these CTSV brackets. Josh is now claiming he bought the CAD files off of my buddy Mike (which he didn't, I confirmed as we still talk every day) and he is just basically copying and pasting the information I had in my CTSV brake thread to tell people what they need.

Anyways, this is just more fuel to the absolute dumpster fire of a human Josh is. I miss you all
Jesus.. Dumpster fire is an understatement.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
If his name was William it is probably the guy he got the hood from.
Well, the guy I was dealing with is a guy named Steven and his location was Dracut, Mass. He did say he sold the car to a local guy, but I have no other info. This discussion took place in Oct of 2020. So who knows haha. It was a beautiful SB ragtop, however.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Did OP ever come back and comment? I fast forwarded from page 11.

cliffs?

I'm with you Dom. I clicked on this thread and it took me to page 15. There's 48 pages now. WTF is going on here LMAO?!?!?!

This thread has gone off the deep end like Goose's thread LOL.

Gt350g

Established Member
I believe he was or did sell off some of the carbon fiber stuff under the hood already on the SB

OP believe was selling his.....but buyer beware lol
He sold the carbon fiber VMP coil covers and a whole bunch of extra stuff as well. Guy I know bought the CC plates. Actually got delivered, must’ve caught him in between reupping.

Gt350g

Established Member
Man oh man what a Monday morning read. Fellas, it's been a hot minute, but I had to chime in here. Josh has been using my photos to advertise his 'imaginary' CTS-V brackets on Instagram last week.

I commented on his post asking him to remove the post since he was using my photos to advertise/make money (turns out, scam people) on the CTSV brackets his buddy was making. He deleted my comment, then sent me a DM saying he was going to take them down (screenshot attached). Claimed he didn't know who's photos they were because he found them on an 'open forum' and he used them as reference. DM's below (I'm honestly annoyed now that I was so nice about it because I didn't hear about this thread until this past weekend.

After reading this thread, then putting 2 and 2 together. I remembered he actually messaged me on here back in January of this year asking about my brackets. He claimed his buddy with the white cobra on bronze wheels (which was posted in this thread at some point) was going to take the brackets off and recreate them in CAD.

Josh even had the audacity to ask me for a close up picture of the brackets (which I assumed he'd just end up using to scam people like he did with the SWLights stuff. I didn't respond to that message. My buddy Mike who originally created those brackets worked incredibly hard on those to make it happen. CAD work isn't cheap. Not to mention if he was actually going to follow through and copy it, I'd imagine it'd be very dangerous if the person designing/engineering them didn't know what they were doing.

This past Saturday I get a message on IG from a guy from California who I would chat with here and there. I don't want to post the screens on here out of respect for him (I can ask him for permission and chime back in if needed). But in cliffs, he was asking if I knew anything about Josh because he sent him $1k for these CTSV brackets. Josh is now claiming he bought the CAD files off of my buddy Mike (which he didn't, I confirmed as we still talk every day) and he is just basically copying and pasting the information I had in my CTSV brake thread to tell people what they need.

Anyways, this is just more fuel to the absolute dumpster fire of a human Josh is. I miss you all
Plot thickens again. I wish I had screenshotted it, but I believe I remember someone commenting “those are mooch’s pics” and he replied back something like “I don’t know or care whose pictures they are”. Maybe someone else on this thread can chime in if they saw that too. Been following you for years, love the builds.

His drug addiction must be rampant if he is scamming these brake parts while also trying to unload the now infamous $59k SB. I feel that those who do have instagram should give fair warning to those who aren’t on SVTP to not get scammed by this poor excuse of a human being.

Edit- I’ve posted on my story warning others now.

Last edited:

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well, the guy I was dealing with is a guy named Steven and his location was Dracut, Mass. He did say he sold the car to a local guy, but I have no other info. This discussion took place in Oct of 2020. So who knows haha. It was a beautiful SB ragtop, however.
I’ve worked on that car. He did sell it 2 years ago almost

Gt350g

Established Member
Figured I’d add these to the group. I’m more than happy to try and find more messages with him. Mostly was just him trash talking Derek Baran about being a devil worshipper because he has a red bracelet. Don’t know wtf is going on in his head, but I think the mice getting into this cobras are smarter.

You can really see how this VIN swapping isn’t “a joke”.

Attachments

• B88FD0FA-07B3-4DA2-A1D5-73D6B319CE4E.jpeg
    B88FD0FA-07B3-4DA2-A1D5-73D6B319CE4E.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 0BAF6D24-7032-448A-993D-4E0F58F40763.jpeg
    0BAF6D24-7032-448A-993D-4E0F58F40763.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 72259B34-097A-4B4F-98D3-B6B9922B3D3B.jpeg
    72259B34-097A-4B4F-98D3-B6B9922B3D3B.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 143
  • 47D33989-1ED1-4DD6-9EEF-E6B264665806.jpeg
    47D33989-1ED1-4DD6-9EEF-E6B264665806.jpeg