03 Sonic Blue convertible

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
SOLD!!! Thanks for all the interest - has gone to a good home

I bought this car of this list 12 years ago, but just signed for a 2020 GT350 so it is time to let go. Lots of tasteful upgrades. Just put on new tires today – didn’t want to sell to someone without replacing them. 35875 miles, $25000 OBO. MCA gold award winner occasional driven class. Located Shreveport, LA

Mods:

Two piece tonneau cover
6 LB Metco lower pulley
Polished Steigmier Stage 6 blower
60 lb injectors
SCT BA2600 MAF
JLT CAI
Dragon single blade throttle body & plenum fully ported and polished
FORE billet fuel rails
3.10 Billetforce upper pulley
Sonic blue BF idlers
Bassani catted exhaust
Sonic Blue JLT intake
Ford GT fuel pumps
MGW orange handle shifter
Redline hood struts
MM caster camber plates
MM full lenght subframe connectors welded in
Sonic blue BF dif cover brace
Pioneer double DIN head unit
Infinity Kappa speakers
Raptor shift light in AC vent
Satin black powdercoat valve covers
Satin black powdercoat aluminum power steering, radiator and intercooler reservoirs
True Forge billet hood vents and side scoop vents
HID headlight conversion (Morimoto HID)
LED fog lights to match headlight output color
Roush deck lid mounted toolbox
Aluminum radiator cover
brand new Nitto 555 G2s on front (275/40/17) and 555R Drag radials on back (315/35/17)

Mechanically in excellent condition. There is a CEL light because I removed the PPRV and haven't had a tune to disable. Paint is very good but does have a few small specks on the hood. Top is excellent. There is a small scuff on the bottom of the steering wheel and driver's seat bolster starting to scuff.
img_2716_std.jpg
img_2707_std.jpg
img_3039_std.jpg
img_2842_std.jpg
img_5220_std.jpg
img_5219_std.jpg
img_5215_std.jpg
img_5221_std.jpg

Last edited:

fastlane65

Established Member
Need #7 of the market rules. Nice, not a fan of the headlights though. Thanks
Most people think the headlights are stock - most people don't know Terminators though. I also like the look of the stock headlights but the visibility difference at night is drastic. Also upgraded the fogs with LED bulbs to match the white color of the headlights.

fastlane65

Established Member
beautiful car, any dyno numbers with the ported blower?

Was told verbally 530 HP and 580 TQ but "his printer was broken" so he couldn't give me a printout. Runs great and I don't doubt it is well over 500 but I have no proof. I have dyno sheet from previous owner where it made 465/482 with stock blower and 6lb lower puller.

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I sent a few messages to you on Facebook and haven’t heard back? I also replied to you post there. Did you get them? My name is Kris. What’s the best way to reach you? Thanks

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
The PPRV causing CEL issue how easy is that to fix? What would need done to address that and I’m assuming it’s not causing issues then. Is there any reason it couldn’t be taken off to avoid the light.

Last edited:

fastlane65

Established Member
PPRV is a valve that keeps pressure in the fuel line but also restricts fuel flow. It can be turned off in a tune. I was planning to upgrade to headers and return fuel system and was putting off the tune upgrade to get everything done at once.

fastlane65

Established Member
I sent a few messages to you on Facebook and haven’t heard back? I also replied to you post there. Did you get them? My name is Kris. What’s the best way to reach you? Thanks

I'm not getting anything through Facebook. Just PM me here. It isn't as easy but I actually get the message.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Not to be that guy, but the PPRV delete doesn't cause a CEL. The ECU has no idea if it's there or not. Chances are the CEL is from the exhaust. I've done multiple PPRV deletes and they never pop a code.

Still a nice car. I don't see you having an issue getting what you want. Sonic blue was my second choice.

fastlane65

Established Member
Not to be that guy, but the PPRV delete doesn't cause a CEL. The ECU has no idea if it's there or not. Chances are the CEL is from the exhaust. I've done multiple PPRV deletes and they never pop a code.

Still a nice car. I don't see you having an issue getting what you want. Sonic blue was my second choice.

I get a P0452 and P0453, both related to evap system pressure. I was told this is because of the pressure leakdown from removing the pressure valve. Correct diagnosis or not, the evap pressure shouldn't affect engine performance. Thoughts?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I get a P0452 and P0453, both related to evap system pressure. I was told this is because of the pressure leakdown from removing the pressure valve. Correct diagnosis or not, the evap pressure shouldn't affect engine performance. Thoughts?

EVAP won't affect performance. One of the hoses on top of the tank probably has a leak. Aside from the annoying light you probable won't notice anything. On the bright side you don't need any tune work.

Users who are viewing this thread