04/05 GSXR600/750 owners - I have a question

Blackoyote

Established Member
So about a month ago I lowsided my bike at CMP, and it's been sitting in the garage since...well an hour before I was having someone come to look at buying it this morning, I noticed that it just now dropped some oil on the ground. I took the fairings off, cleaned everything up and ran it to get some oil circulating, and have found it's slightly leaking from the black area that seems to be in line with the crankshaft. I assumed some kind of crank sensor, but anything that I Google along those lines brings nothing back.

I don't have the owners manual, so I'll go ahead and put that out there before someone suggests that. Considering there's a lot of riders on here, I thought maybe someone could provide a little insight.

Thanks, and mods I hope I've put this in the right place...I figured it was since I was including a picture.

DfpMPoD.jpg

Blackoyote

Established Member
Thanks, however I just got done putting it all back together...I nutted up and just pulled it all apart. It was leaking from in between the two bottom most screws...the bottom right one took the impact and it bent, so it wasn't keeping a tight seal.

Users who are viewing this thread