04 2.6Kenne Bell cobra 623RWHP vs 04 2.9Whipple cobra 650RWHP

rizjan67

Established Member
This took place couple of days ago when I went to local meet sorry no videos coz i was not prepared,,there is guy has 04 cobra he is actually my friends close friend,,he never raced me before coz he knows all my mods (623 Rwhp 2.6 kenne bell)and his car was around 480rwhp an 04 cobra,,that night When we left from meet he got next to me while i was just minding my own business and he forced me to race ,,I was like WTF when i saw Gopro on his car so I figured he got something different under the hood,,I shift down to third after 3honks we hit it he hung with me in 3rd but as soon I hit 4th I start pulling on him he couldn't catch me,,after we shut it down ,,here he goes again wants another run We ran again and same results,,,after few days I found out from good friend of mine that he has 2.9whipple put down 650rwhp now I am happy that I beat him twice with my street tune (623rwhp)would have been different story if I was on my race tune..So my advice to all shady people like that don't try to screw people who you hangout with all the time if you have balls to race with someone be a man have respect for others tell your mods before you race that it could be fair race.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kill, he must have been like wtf?

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Nice kill theres nothing like a high hp race. I agree with you 100% about telling your mods there is no point in hiding it. For money I can understand but its still wrong because your trying to hustle someone. I never understood why someone would lie or not tell their mods for a fun run. If a person has way more mods than the other why not let them know so they dont waste gas? You prove nothing by stomping a car that with way less mods or way less power than you. Sorry for the rant lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you arent racing for money I dont see the harm in keeping your power secret. I personally tell everyone what I have because I dont care but I know a ton of people who try and hide it.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
If you arent racing for money I dont see the harm in keeping your power secret. I personally tell everyone what I have because I dont care but I know a ton of people who try and hide it.

they can keep the secret as long as you tell the power. Thats like me running a pulley cobra in my cobra when I'm running a tvs what do I prove by not telling them and beating them??

Mach Boy

Established Member
Good kills. And since we're handing out advice, start using periods, capital letters, and structured sentences as it makes stories easier to read.

wallywagon

Established Member
Was he a vert? doesn't make since if they are the same weight....HP is HP ....same gearing....same power....you must have had a lot more torque? Either way you come out on top, most likely as a more proficient driver!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
He had extra passenger? I don't see how you pulled on him

This story is a perfect example of why dyno numbers mean nothing. Nice kill OP, seems like you have people gunning for you. You just might have to start carrying around some 103 with ya :).

rizjan67

Established Member
My first twin screw was Whipple so I have a lot of respect for that.

Last edited:

rizjan67

Established Member
This story is a perfect example of why dyno numbers mean nothing. Nice kill OP, seems like you have people gunning for you. You just might have to start carrying around some 103 with ya :).

You are right Riddick,,I might have to do exactly what you have said.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
there is always 2 sides to a story. How can I get mad at someone for not telling me his mods if we aren't friends?? I don't go to people I don't like and tell them my mods. As far as the race goes I don't know what the true outcome was if I ask the op-he claims he won. If I ask the other guy-he claims he won. Sound like you guys going to have to do it again.:shrug:

When I went off in my rant I meant in general because we got a lot of guys like that out here. On another note you are right and they should do it again and put it on video

4valved

Banned

First off that's why I wrote "did hr have an extra passenger" because an extra 170 pounds isn't nice on races....

Second off who said dyno numbers mean anything I have seen whipples cobras and Kb cobras run at the track and in my personal experience the larger whipple usually wins

Users who are viewing this thread