04 cobra 5.0 stroker 3.4 crusher e85 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ wow!! Awesome numbers man, there is still alot left on the table!!

mtnrunner

Established Member
:dancenana:Yeah there is a lot left on the table for sure. I think with pulling all the way to redline (7K), adding boost and timing we should see around 900 whp!!!!:dancenana:

gforacing1408

Established Member
mikey showed me this thread and i knew it would be a good one. Really sick car. i wish i had e85 up here in ventura county. so... what happened to the old KB???

Jerry03cobra

Established Member

mtnrunner

Established Member
^^^ Your build looks great! I just responded to your pm a few minutes ago. I noticed you are running a metco lower and whipple upper pulley. I would highly suggest getting a non-slip upper pulley from a company such as reichard racing and consider a manual belt tensioner. If you look at the updates in the original post you will see that we are battling belt slip issues. The car with a 4lb lower and 3.25 upper wants to make right around 30psi but the belt slips and only makes 24-25psi.

yfzkevin

Established Member
mikey showed me this thread and i knew it would be a good one. Really sick car. i wish i had e85 up here in ventura county. so... what happened to the old KB???

Hey you know my brother Mikey? Thanks for the compliments. The car came out great and I love it. The car is still sooo streetable for having 800+rwhp. Everyone that I have given a ride to is so suprised how normal it drives and drives just the way it did with the old KB setup I had. Well that is until I hit the gas and it just pushes you into the back of the seat. I just love the way it pulls, thats if its not spinning. When it hooks though, man its a beast.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Hey you know my brother Mikey? Thanks for the compliments. The car came out great and I love it. The car is still sooo streetable for having 800+rwhp. Everyone that I have given a ride to is so suprised how normal it drives and drives just the way it did with the old KB setup I had. Well that is until I hit the gas and it just pushes you into the back of the seat. I just love the way it pulls, thats if its not spinning. When it hooks though, man its a beast.

How long till you resolve the issues and go back to retune?

mtnrunner

Established Member
^^It is going to be a little while before everything is sorted out. The tranny is out of the car right now because i was hard to shift into 4th gear, also 2nd gear has always been a little tricky when downshifting. Once the tranny is freshened up the car will get put back together and belt slip will be addressed.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
^^^ Your build looks great! I just responded to your pm a few minutes ago. I noticed you are running a metco lower and whipple upper pulley. I would highly suggest getting a non-slip upper pulley from a company such as reichard racing and consider a manual belt tensioner. If you look at the updates in the original post you will see that we are battling belt slip issues. The car with a 4lb lower and 3.25 upper wants to make right around 30psi but the belt slips and only makes 24-25psi.

I did have a 3.75 RR but sold it and the one thats on right now is the stock one that came with the whipple.I,am fixing to order a reichard racing.thanks on the info...:rockon:I will lookin into getting manual belt tonsioner.

Last edited:

mtnrunner

Established Member
Cool, looks like you have your ducks in a row! The manual tensioner is pretty expensive so it would not hurt to try just the non-slip pulley first then buy the tensioner if you still have belt slip.

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
I battled belt slip all week trying to get my 3.00 reichard/stock lower to hold 30 and not drop off to 25 just like yours. Combo ended up 3 100mm idlers, 100mm auxilary, 3.2 alt pulley, stock lower, 79" Belt. No slip and hold onto your nuts, needle hits 30 and doesnt move a hair till you get scared and let off.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I had the same problem with the two screws in the fore fuel rails! Pos design if you ask me.... Everything fore makes is better than expected exept for those damn screws!

gforacing1408

Established Member

Yeah i know him from dezertrangers. I have a 1400 race truck. Looks like a fun set up you got going on.

yfzkevin

Established Member
I can vouch for how fast this bitch is talk about scary fast haha

hahah Thanks Matt. I cant wait to take it back up to Greg to go for the big numbers. I think I finally have all the belt slip figured out and I think its holding strong at 30psi.

The car will spin all of 3rd gear. And when I say all of 3rd gear. I mean two buddies of mine in a car behind me said I left 2 black lines all the way till I let out of it at just over 100mph. The car pulls hard now. Im gonna go take it up to Gregs (RET) here very soon. Get some new numbers and then put my hoosiers on the car and see how she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread