04 Cobra setup back to NA

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I have a 01 Cobra. It has a complete 04 Cobra swap. When I say complete I mean, engine, transmission, wiring, Ecu, fuel tank etc etc. I am moving on to the newer platforms so I am waiting to return my car back to stock.
I will be looking for a 01 Cobra NA engine, ecu, and all wiring etc.

My question is, is there still a market for the 04 cobra motors etc? I don’t want to lose money. If it’s not worth much I’ll pull it and drop it in my 89 coupe should my son ever decide to get into cars.

Would it be better to leave all the wiring, drive train and just swap the motor?

If it helps specs are below.
04 Cobra motor 57000 miles
Ported blower 2.76 upper/stock lower
SCT 2400
T56 with spec stage 3+
Lethal TOB sleeve
26slpline input shaft
Kooks LT
60lb ing w KB BAP
Fluidyne HE
Stock tank with PRV delete
Stock 04 alum driveshaft

Thanks for the help.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think there's always a market for those engines. Buddy of mine swapped one into his Mach 1 after his stock engine got tired of having a Procharger on it.

Have you tried selling it as is? Someone might pick it up and save you the hassle of pulling it apart.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I have a 01 Cobra. It has a complete 04 Cobra swap. When I say complete I mean, engine, transmission, wiring, Ecu, fuel tank etc etc. I am moving on to the newer platforms so I am waiting to return my car back to stock.
I will be looking for a 01 Cobra NA engine, ecu, and all wiring etc.

My question is, is there still a market for the 04 cobra motors etc? I don’t want to lose money. If it’s not worth much I’ll pull it and drop it in my 89 coupe should my son ever decide to get into cars.

Would it be better to leave all the wiring, drive train and just swap the motor?

If it helps specs are below.
04 Cobra motor 57000 miles
Ported blower 2.76 upper/stock lower
SCT 2400
T56 with spec stage 3+
Lethal TOB sleeve
26slpline input shaft
Kooks LT
60lb ing w KB BAP
Fluidyne HE
Stock tank with PRV delete
Stock 04 alum driveshaft

Thanks for the help.

There’s always people in need of a motor... just depends on location and what they are willing to pay and how complete it is. You could get anywhere from 6-10k (conservative estimate) If you sell the t56 and everything with it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Selling as a whole is not an option. The 01 was the first mustang the wife and i purchase. I’ve had it for about 15years so I can’t part with it. Plan is to put it back as close to stock as possible and just put it up Incase the kids want it when I’m old..lol

It can be sold as complete as one wants it to be once I find a donor NA car. It is still in the car. I planned to leave it Installed and running Incase a buyer wanted to drive it or do some inspection then if a deal was made...pull it

hotcobra03

Established Member
I have to ask.

why not just store it the way it is?

if I was given an 01 cobra I be happy to have an 03 motor..

even an 03 motor without blower..

Zemedici

Established Member
I have to ask.

why not just store it the way it is?

if I was given an 01 cobra I be happy to have an 03 motor..

even an 03 motor without blower..

This.

If you're keeping it, you're going to spend just as much returning it to stock as you will selling the 03 cobra drivetrain

Just store it as is

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
True. The car ran a best of 10.72@123 with a 2.76/4lb and C4.
I guess I was thinking it may be worth more down the road in more of a stock state than with the 04 setup.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Leave as is and put it away. You w ups spend as much buying and putting stock 01 stuff back in.

No offense I don’t see 01’s being collectible anytime soon. Seems like it has a lot of sentimental value to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Sold an 03 motor trans and wiring harness for $6800 3 years ago and it sold right away.
But I agree with the majority, I’d leave it in the car.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
True. The car ran a best of 10.72@123 with a 2.76/4lb and C4.
I guess I was thinking it may be worth more down the road in more of a stock state than with the 04 setup.

That’s moving. Leave it as is, it’ll be a lot more enjoyable to drive and cheaper than de modding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkb116

Established Member
If time isn’t an issue, i’d wait until you found a wrecked Mach 1/ 99 or 01 Cobra and then do the swap if that’s what you really wanted to do. But I have to agree with most others, the time, energy and money involved, I would leave it if you can afford it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Money ahead leaving it set up as is. You may want to drive it once in a while, no sense not having fun.

josephcostello

Established Member
Wanna trade drivetrains lol? I have a 70k mile 01 cobra w/ about 20k on the rebuilt trans

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread