04 Cobra vs. 08 CBR600RR

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Well, my buddy bought a new Pontiac G8 and named it "the cobra killer" lol. I kept laughing at him about it and agging him on to attempt to kill my cobra. He claimed that I only pick on slower cars that I know I can beat so I called him out on his bike. He has a slip on exhaust but thats all. I have an FIPK II, o/r X, weld in 1 chambers, 2.76 pulley and a predator box tune. We made a few runs from 75-85mph. If we left at the same time, he pulled pretty good on me, but on 1 run I got the move. His seat was at my back bumper when I hit it, he let off @ 155 and his seat was @ my front bumper. I wasn't expecting the race to be that close at all considering the performance of these new 600s. I think once I get dyno tuned he wont be pulling...I will:rolling:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
I think once I get dyno tuned he wont be pulling...I will:rolling:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but think again. You beat the rider, a good portion of riders DO NOT know how to ride their bike. New 600's are capable of 10's at high 120's. Even with a proper tune your close to what 460rwhp and trapping 116-120mph. You are nowhere near a 600CC with a capable rider.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
I think once I get dyno tuned he wont be pulling...I will:rolling:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but think again. You beat the rider, a good portion of riders DO NOT know how to ride their bike. New 600's are capable of 10's at high 120's. Even with a proper tune your close to what 460rwhp and trapping 116-120mph. You are nowhere near a 600CC with a capable rider.[/QUOTE]

+1. Your car is fast, but the new 600's with a good rider EVEN from a roll are no joke.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Bikes dont perform from 100mph to top speed the way they do from 0-100, at least 600's dont, so 1/4mile times are irrelevent in this race. Also, how much better of a rider can you get in a straight line when you are shifting w/o the clutch? there is no shift time there...how do you improve on that? That being said, you arent bursting anyone's bubble.

Last edited:

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
I think running a 600 bike from a 70mph run to top speed is kind of gay. That is a bikes weakest point then you think you are fast. Are you driving a turbo civic or a supra now? Go from a dig.

BCM0018

Established Member
Yeah the high speed rolls is an advantage but I think you will need more than a tune.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
http://www.sportrider.com/features/...gsxr600_triumph_675_yzfr6_600cc/photo_29.html
Not trying to burst anyones bubble...... if this link works, the tests within show 2 of the new 600's trapping 132mph in the quarter. The same as my '01 929rr did 7 years ago. IMO the performance falls off after 100, but still pulls hard. I could be wrong, but this topic has been beaten to death and every time ends on the conclusion that driver (both bike and car) make all the difference. I was just saying that the bikes have the potential to beat almost any car under 500rwhp with the proper rider.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I think running a 600 bike from a 70mph run to top speed is kind of gay. That is a bikes weakest point then you think you are fast. Are you driving a turbo civic or a supra now? Go from a dig.

Its the only fair race when I have less than $500 in mods on my car. Not to mention, he was the one that named the race... Anyone that says that a car that can hang with a bike from 100-150 isnt fast is straight up retarded.

http://www.sportrider.com/features/...gsxr600_triumph_675_yzfr6_600cc/photo_29.html
Not trying to burst anyones bubble...... if this link works, the tests within show 2 of the new 600's trapping 132mph in the quarter. The same as my '01 929rr did 7 years ago. IMO the performance falls off after 100, but still pulls hard. I could be wrong, but this topic has been beaten to death and every time ends on the conclusion that driver (both bike and car) make all the difference. I was just saying that the bikes have the potential to beat almost any car under 500rwhp with the proper rider.

I agree with what you are saying, but like you said, the performance falls off after 100mph. You are right about the topic being beat to death and with the conclusion also, but I didnt start this thread to beat a dead horse. I just wrote what happened, but like I said before, 1/4mile times and MPH are irrelevant in the race that I posted.

Last edited:

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member

Good race. :beer:

Not ALL Supras have to race from a high speed roll. I have pulled on MANY GSXR1000s R1s and Busas from 40 mph rolls. Pulled 600s and 750s from a dig too...

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Good race. :beer:

Not ALL Supras have to race from a high speed roll. I have pulled on MANY GSXR1000s R1s and Busas from 40 mph rolls. Pulled 600s and 750s from a dig too...

Thanks buddy:beer:

sounds like you have quite a beast:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread