04 Cobra vs 09 CTS-V Part II

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
OK so some of you may have seen the last video i posted concerning a race between my friends 09 V and my 04 Cobra. If you have not, I have reposted it below. Long story short, I pulled the crap out of him. Well since then he has been busy. So with his recent upgrades and my car in the same setup we decided to go at it again. Very different outcome this time arround. Now it is my turn to upgrade. Race III soon to come, this time on the giggle gas. All mods are listed in the description section of the videos. Now on to the videos! Enjoy......

First matchup......

[youtube_browser]I4jvIMVjvMI[/youtube_browser]

And the rematch...

[youtube_browser]3uI7LgD08q0[/youtube_browser]

lxboy

Established Member
Always fun racing between friends.

Both cars sound incredible. What exhaust set up do you have on your cobra.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
That extra 100HP did work, nice races and looks like fun. +1 on the exhaust notes both being awesome. :beer:

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Nice runs!

Would have liked to see that 60 roll with the V starting in 3rd..they're pretty sluggish from a 4th gear 60 roll. Any idea what his mods are?

Either way, looks like they both run pretty strong.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
Yeah my exhaust mods are bbk long tubes, off road x and sra stingers. All of the mods in both cars are in description portion of the vids. He has cams, pistons, full exhaust with long tubes, upper and lower pulleys, ect. He dumped a shit ton of money into that thing.

I'm going to finish the purge and warmer for the nitrous an spray a wet 75 shot for the next race. Just need to tweak the tune and add a splash of race gas to keep things safe.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Ah yes, I see the mods now and know who's V that is. Good job holding it off as much as you did. Before seeing the vid, I'd have had my money on that V pulling you harder than it did. I have about 50rwhp less than that V and recently raced a 2.3L Whipple cobra on 17lbs (video in this forum) and it was door to door, with me pulling him a bit up top...while hitting the rev limiter every shift (tranny tune not dialed in).

You have a strong cobra. :beer:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Just watch the vids man great races that cadi is a beast , next time should be like the first. Good luck.

Z28

Established Member
Yeah my exhaust mods are bbk long tubes, off road x and sra stingers. All of the mods in both cars are in description portion of the vids. He has cams, pistons, full exhaust with long tubes, upper and lower pulleys, ect. He dumped a shit ton of money into that thing.

I'm going to finish the purge and warmer for the nitrous an spray a wet 75 shot for the next race. Just need to tweak the tune and add a splash of race gas to keep things safe.

Interesting, curious to why he built the bottom end at that power level?

Honorable death, those CTS-V's run hard.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
I may have misspoke concerning the block. I am not verse in the ways of the Bowtie products. Either way I would hate to see one of these things with a ported blower and spray. Or even worse, with a big whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread