04 Cobra vs 09 CTS-V

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
Ran a buddy of mines cts-v sedan today. His mods are full bolt ons, full 3" exhaust and a tune. Dynoed at 566/563 to the wheels. I cannot believe how strong these cars are! I am just a 2.3 whipple car with a sra swap. Dynoed at 566/530 on a super conservative tune. All runs done from 40-120. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/-xJ6ax-f1Uo

http://youtu.be/ENapTTy8o3s

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

lunatikgixxer

Established Member
seriously you walked him you sure you guys have identical horsepower number or is there a driver mod issue? lol makes me love cobras even more

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Holy chit!!!

Nice to see a video of a cobra winning! Feel like I see so many of us losing recently :(

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
It seems like your friend wasn't in the right gear. You were instantly pulling right off the hit and if he's making the #'s you say he is then something isn't right. I still think you would win, but that wasn't close at all. So why do you say you can't believe how strong they are when he couldn't even hang?

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

Yes

it seems like your friend wasn't in the right gear. You were instantly pulling right off the hit and if he's making the #'s you say he is then something isn't right. I still think you would win, but that wasn't close at all. So why do you say you can't believe how strong they are when he couldn't even hang?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
It seems like your friend wasn't in the right gear. You were instantly pulling right off the hit and if he's making the #'s you say he is then something isn't right. I still think you would win, but that wasn't close at all. So why do you say you can't believe how strong they are when he couldn't even hang?

I ran one after i got lt's and it had at least a catback. We did a 70mph in 3rd gear roll and i pulled him with ease. At 70 it's not easy pulling away from a car that's fast. Compared to my run with one this race sounds legit. Op you're car sounds really good and nice kill.

burnzilla

Established Member
Considering the CTSV's weight, I would have liked to seen him get the hit to make things a little more fair.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
It an auto with the select shift thingy. I'm pretty sure he was having traction issues also with those 19s and all that torque. I put about a bus on him every time from 40 to 120-130. I had just had my car dynoed the day before and for some reason I think those numbers are bs. The car is stupid fast and pulls like a raped ape. Identical setups are making over 600 easily. I was still very impressed with how a 4200 lb 4 door car can hang like that. And his exhaust setup is disgusting.

Last edited:

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Good runs, your car sounds great. What exhaust combo do you have? Also how do you like the solid axle swap? I have been tossing the idea of a solid axle back and forth, I just hate having wheel hop. I have a buddy of mine who wrecked his mustang and wants to sell the rear end from it, so I figured I could snatch it up. Did the solid axle change the driving dynamics of the car at all in any negative way?

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
Thanks! It was 40* outside. To hell with putting the top down. Lol. The car was dynoed on a in ground dynojet at excessive performance in manasass va.

The solid axle swap is a MUST for vert cobras making over 500 hp IMO. The wheel hop in my car was so extreme it vibrated the gasket out from in between the spoiler and trunk and cracked the 3rd brake light in 2 places. The only downside I would have to say is I cannot corner as fat as I used to but that's not important to me. Mines a full built 31 spline 96 GT rear with 3.73s. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread