04 GT midpipe 03 Cobra help

pauli864

Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra and currently has a off road X need to do smog main questions is will a factory H pipe from a 2004 mustang GT fit its from a automatic i dont know if that even matters please and thank you i keep hearing it will but need to ask..

GodStang

Established Member
They look almost identical. The aftermarket ones work for both. So I would say yes. Not 100% on it though.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
The 03 and 04 Cobra stock h-pipes are a little different mainly in rear 02 bung placement. The 03 rear bungs are farther back on the pipe so putting the 03 pipe on an 04 requires extensions to reach the rear bungs. A stock 04 Cobra h-pipe will work fine on an 03 Cobra. I cannot imagine Ford not using the same stock h-pipe on the GT and the Cobra.

pauli864

Established Member
Sounds good guys thanks for the input going to attempt today will follow back with update

pauli864

Established Member
On raising the car on the lift we noticed that my flow master setup was welded to the o/r xpipe and but the stock h pipe did bolt up to the manifold but the other issue is the rear 02 sensor locations were off by far more up front closer to the front 02 behind the first set of cats so i ended up just drilling some holes farther back and plugging the other ones i forgot to mention it came off a automatic 04GT maybe thats why the rear 02 are not in the same place??

Users who are viewing this thread