04 pullied cobra vs. 15(?) srt challenger... was very close

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
on the way home from work the other day i could see a lime green (color name?) new challenger coming onto the road a few cars back in my rear view mirror. at first i was like holy shit, that's a hellcat because it had a matte black hood with that molded-in scoop forward-facing directly in the middle.

i took off from a light normally but i could see that he aggressively tried to maneuver around to catch up. thinking it was a hellcat, i expected to receive a beatdown but was willing to give it a try if he wanted to play. anyway he came up adjacent with me and i could see the large "392 hemi" badge on the fender, and right at that moment he floored it. i think it was an automatic. i was still in mid-second gear so i floored it too, so although he had a slight jump i was right there next to him.

so it was very, very close contest and i was just slightly gaining on him, i nailed third gear, and i was just starting to walk him very slowly. by the end of third i was just a fender ahead and could see i was gaining so i shut it down.

i think the weight of those cars is probably a real hinderance even though they make great power.

so a couple questions for the mopar crowd: what year was this car? was the hood an aftermarket version? it looked like a 15 to me. but on dodges website, i can see the hood for the srt looks exactly like that, but no matte black version looks available. also i do not see the lime green color available. i did see the srt badge on the decklid when he passed me also the big 392 badges like i mentioned.

anyway i was proud of how my daily driven terminator convertible with 117k on it faired against dodges new $50k muscle car :rockon:

Rios302

Established Member
sublime green is the color and the hood is similar to the hellcat but lacks the hood vents on the side. The hood was probably painted or wrap. I wonder if the SRT8 are actually slower than the Scatpack which is more bare bones and probably a bit lighter. I don't think the difference would be much if any. Good kill nothing like a close race.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I walked away from a 2012 SRT challenger with the 392 hemi in it on the freeway from a 50 roll not once but three times. Gave him the hit the second and third time. Everytime I'd pass him before shifting from third to second and shut it down at 90-100 two cars away and pulling. It has to be the weight of those cars cuz I like them but they are so heavy.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
They dont offer sublime for the 16 model year, that's why you didnt see it on the site.

The SRT 392 and Hellcat are nearly identical on the outside. Sounded like a killer race!

buc090705

Established Member
good run. I did the exact same thing even down to the color of the car. Felt bad cause dude was with is son. Kind of tough to explain that an 11 year old car just walked all over you.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Great kill! He will think twice the next time he sees a Terminator.

Yep, that's why I love em! Hey on a side note, i see in your sig you owned a 2011GT. Did you sell that for your Terminator? If so, do you ever miss the Coyote? I'm thinking of doing the same

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice kill. Close races are always fun if your pulling. Those things pull hard for being the land barges they are.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
thanks guys, yeah it was fun. but I am saving for a vmp tvs blower upgrade for the inevitable day when I do run into a hellcat. and even then it might not be enough! lol

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill OP, those are the best type of races.

I walked away from a 2012 SRT challenger with the 392 hemi in it on the freeway from a 50 roll not once but three times. Gave him the hit the second and third time. Everytime I'd pass him before shifting from third to second and shut it down at 90-100 two cars away and pulling. It has to be the weight of those cars cuz I like them but they are so heavy.

good run. I did the exact same thing even down to the color of the car. Felt bad cause dude was with is son. Kind of tough to explain that an 11 year old car just walked all over you.

100.gif

Nice kill. Close races are always fun if your pulling. Those things pull hard for being the land barges they are.

This! Saying a car should be faster when you beat it with your modded car is weird to me. The 392 is fast in stock form, it'll lose to modded cars:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread