05 COBRA what do want under the HOOD? POLL!!!

WHAT ENGINE SHOULD BE PUT UNDER THE HOOD OF THE 2005 COBRA?

• Current 03 Cobra engine with small power increase 400hp?

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • The newly developed 2005 GT Engine N/A 400hp?

Votes: 78 9.2%
  • THE GT40 engine with 500hp?

Votes: 287 34.0%
  • 2000 COBRA R 5.4 DOHC With BLOWER?

Votes: 419 49.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'd like to see a bored/stroked 4.6 out to 5 liters with a Eaton or better yet Kenne Bell blower on it making about 475 hp, with a Viper's T56 that has .50:1 and 4.10's in the rearend..

hj16

Established Member
I want choices.

5.0L DOHC S/C 450(underrated)HP, T56 w/ .50 6th, 26spline input shaft, IRS, 3.55s

or

5.0L DOHC N/A 390(underrated)HP, T56 w/ .50 6th, 26spline input shaft, Solid Axle, 4.30s

03CobraBro

Established Member
Something with atleast 450 to 500hp that is as strong (durability wise) as the current Cobra's power plant.

Also I want to see a supercooler under the hood as well. Even if they dont equip the car with it, I would still like ford to start selling there supercooler setups within the next year or so.

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
at least 450hp, the new C6 class is going to have somewhere in the ball park of 450-500 so we have to stay ahead of the competition. i am very interested to see where the cobra goes in 05. it would be nice if they use the 00 Cobra R engine.

rocket5979

Established Member
I will take the 5.0 liter CAMMER engine please. with an Eaton charger on it. After all what would be the fun if you could buy a Kenne Bell stroked 4.6 from the factory? lol :D

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
as long as its a forced induction motor we are ok because the rest of the engine will have to be strong. As soon as we go back to the high compression NA motors is when we are screwed.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
as long as its a forced induction motor we are ok because the rest of the engine will have to be strong. As soon as we go back to the high compression NA motors is when we are screwed.

I agree.

The way I see it, even if Ford were to come out with some 5valve 5.4 with 450N/A horses... I dont know if I'd like the idea of that or not simply because, at that point its not going to be quite as easy to make faster and if I were to supercharge it, I doubt I'd be able to do so without atleast some reinforcments. Were spoiled as it is with this engine. Like Kevin said, as long as its blown/turbocharged there's nothing to worry about.

IMO Ford should have made a N/A Cobra, and came up with the Blown Version as an option. That way those guys out there that like N/A can do what they want, and the blown guys can do what suits there fancy... Of course thats kind of how it is right now with the Mach1. I think of it as the N/A 03 Cobra option (without the 6 speed and the IRS)

Last edited:

DEMNSVT

Established Member
I like that idea. It would be cool if Ford did have two versions of the Cobra and had packages with them like a normal base model, track package, drag package and stuff that would make the Cobra more appling to many different people.
Kevin

ZwerRacing

Established Member
It should be a 5.4 lightning engine with the Eaton blower and a T56 that way it will have displacement "There's no replacement for displacement"and it will be strong so if we want we can hook up a KB blower and some nice stuff and start rocking everything out there. I am currently working to get one of these and around my area (South Florida) there are a lot of high end cars S55 AMGs and M3s and 911 Carreras so my goal is to fly by the rich people and laugh at them from my ford so I think the blown 5.4 would be great!!!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
a 5.4 would be cool, but not the lightning motor. Its a 2v with weaker pistons and rods. If SVT was going to put a 5.4 supercharged motor in the cobra it would be more like the FordGT motor. Its a 5.4L 4v rated at 500hp.

We shouldn't get caught up in the size of the motor though, just look at the 03 motor. People have already made 600-650rwhp (Hammer,Haveight, ect) and shops like Npete and X2C have made 700-725rwhp. This all on the stock motor, no heads, cams or anything. So we have just started to tap into our power. Just imagine how fast we will be going in a few years when some good head/cam packages come out. X2C is already going for 1000hp with their new turbo set up on the stock motor.

So we dont necessarily need a bigger motor. Although, the FordGT motor would be amazing, its very similar to our motor (low compression, forged pistons, manley rods) but its a 5.4.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Just the tought of having a 2000 COBRA R 5.4 DOHC with BLOWER is giving me a woody.

HrsPlayingLs1

Established Member
I think it would be cool if they increased the cubes....like say a 351, all aluminum and forged.....and i know alot of you guys are proud of the eaton's so why not throw one of those bad boys on there too.

Your going to need it if they decide to produce the LS7 in 2005:-D

Sorry had to stir the pot just alittle.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by HrsPlayingLs1
I think it would be cool if they increased the cubes....like say a 351, all aluminum and forged.....and i know alot of you guys are proud of the eaton's so why not throw one of those bad boys on there too.

Your going to need it if they decide to produce the LS7 in 2005:-D

Sorry had to stir the pot just alittle.

The way its sounding right now, the only thing us 03 boys are going to need to compete with the new generation of GM motors is a smaller pulley. :-D

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I'd like to see the 5.4 3v supercharged engine ... I think it will make great power and awsome tq!!!!

Crowley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread