05 COBRA what do want under the HOOD? POLL!!!

WHAT ENGINE SHOULD BE PUT UNDER THE HOOD OF THE 2005 COBRA?

• Current 03 Cobra engine with small power increase 400hp?

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • The newly developed 2005 GT Engine N/A 400hp?

Votes: 78 9.2%
  • THE GT40 engine with 500hp?

Votes: 287 34.0%
  • 2000 COBRA R 5.4 DOHC With BLOWER?

Votes: 419 49.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YELOSNK

Established Member
ich1baN said:
Sorry dude but im pretty sure they canceled the new lineups of cobras and they are just going with the GT500s B/c shelby wants to make an anniversary for the year being.

Dude, did you realize how old this thread is?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
YELOSNK said:
Dude, did you realize how old this thread is?

He posted in August. You are posting in October...So, did you realize how old this thread is?

-Jeff :)

SVT Abuser

Banned
Damn, I didnt even realize that the Cobra was going to continue to live on, I thought 04 was it....!!!! I thought the shelby was the replacement, thats interesting....now, I keep thinking that the 05(06 ,or 07?)is going to look like the 04, now im all confused...

I am still trying to like the Shelby, but now you guys are putting ideas in my head that Ford may actually make a Cobra with that V10? :) Dude, if that is built, I most defenitely want one...

ps. I know this is probably something that does not need to be said, but I thought that the 04 Cobra was the pinnacle in refinement for mechanics AND for aesthetics...the car is fast and beautiful. The Shelby front end doesnt turn me on, the rear end doesnt turn me on, the hood is kinda plain and the hood vents dont really seem *cool* looking....lastly, there seems to be a lack of curves to the profile of the car...alittle too boxy lookin...thats too many things against the car...the only thing i really like about the car is the supercharged 5.4L motor with Ford GT derivatives....:) Anyhoo...there it is.

Naste50

Established Member
SVT Abuser said:
Damn, I didnt even realize that the Cobra was going to continue to live on, I thought 04 was it....!!!! I thought the shelby was the replacement, thats interesting....now, I keep thinking that the 05(06 ,or 07?)is going to look like the 04, now im all confused...

I am still trying to like the Shelby, but now you guys are putting ideas in my head that Ford may actually make a Cobra with that V10? :) Dude, if that is built, I most defenitely want one...

ps. I know this is probably something that does not need to be said, but I thought that the 04 Cobra was the pinnacle in refinement for mechanics AND for aesthetics...the car is fast and beautiful. The Shelby front end doesnt turn me on, the rear end doesnt turn me on, the hood is kinda plain and the hood vents dont really seem *cool* looking....lastly, there seems to be a lack of curves to the profile of the car...alittle too boxy lookin...thats too many things against the car...the only thing i really like about the car is the supercharged 5.4L motor with Ford GT derivatives....:) Anyhoo...there it is.

I agree with you 100%, except for the fact that this thread is old, and its talking about the Shelby GT500, not a Cobra roadster or whatever you were thinkin but yea, 03-04 was an awesome car. The new one just isn't as "awe-inspiring" except for the engine and refinement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread