• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

05 GT cluster problems

Discussion in 'Ford GT' started by Silver Talon, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Silver Talon

Silver Talon Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap Established Member

Hey guys!

I have a friend with a GT and has the dead lights/gauge problem with his cluster. Car has 4800 miles.

Recently we heard of where the problem was coming from, and that there was a fix, that didn't include replacing the pricey cluster itself. We never heard what the fix was itself, and was curious if anyone here knew of what it might be?

If I was a betting man, i'd guess it was a ground issue, but without digging into one and playing around, Its hard to tell.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Brian

2. specracer

specracer SVTOA MCA Premium Member

He has some dead gauges? VERY common issue. What most of us have done is just changed the whole thing for Speedhut cluster. The downside is doesnt match 100% (no flat bottom tach), but they do work and stay working. You can also personalize them, and add shift lights, if desired. Not cheap ($14xx), but was the right direction for me.

4-1/2" Ford GT Speedometer. Auto Ford GT Speedometer From Speedhut.

If its the small gauges, they are being remade (revised design) by Autometer. If I recall you buy them directly from them. They dont make the tach or speedo.

3. Silver Talon

Fuel and I believe one other one is going out. I'd have to ask him again.

No info as to why they are going dead yet though?

4. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

I repaired my own, it was pretty easy. It's a common problem. A part on back of the cluster for the fuel gage often goes out and needs to be replaced. I purchased a replacement from e-bay and watched a few youtube videos and repaired it myself. If you don't want to do it yourself you can send it out to a company called circuit board medics and they will repair it for you and send it back, quick turn around and only costs $100.00

5. Silver Talon

Have any pics or know what it is that died? Something for capacitor id imagine?

6. specracer

specracer SVTOA MCA Premium Member

PM Sent also. Its just not a great original design.

If you want OEM look, the small gauges have been redesigned.

News - News Details