05 M3 Stomp

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
I was just leaving my apartment to go help my buddy put racing stripes on his lightening, and these two kids in a new M3 come up behind me. As we make the turn onto a larger street (LaSalle Ave.) He changes lanes and punches it. Bye the time he is even with me has a lot more mph than i have. I down shift to second and by the time it traction in third he is at least 5 car lengths behind me. They were good natured about it, I think that it surprised them that a 98 GT smoked their new M3.

Interspy24

Established Member
32V GT said:
Bye the time he is even with me has a lot more mph than i have. I down shift to second and by the time it traction in third he is at least 5 car lengths behind me.

Just curious about this part. So he's going faster than you to begin with, then you downshift, and then you put 5 cars on him in one gear? Seems very unlikey he was racing, but I guess anything can happen on the street.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Just curious about this part. So he's going faster than you to begin with, then you downshift, and then you put 5 cars on him in one gear? Seems very unlikey he was racing, but I guess anything can happen on the street.

Not in one gear. I was at abour 2500 rpm in third when I downshifted, I caught up to him with second and passed easily in third. (besides that I am not 100% positive that it was an 05) but it definitly looked newer than the my 2000 323i. He was definitly racing however, it was pretty obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
32V GT said:
I was just leaving my apartment to go help my buddy put racing stripes on his lightening, and these two kids in a new M3 come up behind me. As we make the turn onto a larger street (LaSalle Ave.) He changes lanes and punches it. Bye the time he is even with me has a lot more mph than i have. I down shift to second and by the time it traction in third he is at least 5 car lengths behind me. They were good natured about it, I think that it surprised them that a 98 GT smoked their new M3.

they dont know that '98 GT has a mach 1 motor :rockon:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Tman said:
Nice kill man!! You got a nice sleeper there with the Mach1 engine!! :thumbsup:

Thanks y'all. I really like it as well. I feel kinda envious when I see all of y'all with 450/450 at the tires with stock blowers but my car is faster than 99% of the cars I run into anyway. :beer:

Machinator

Banned
32V GT said:
Thanks y'all. I really like it as well. I feel kinda envious when I see all of y'all with 450/450 at the tires with stock blowers but my car is faster than 99% of the cars I run into anyway. :beer:

Wait till you run into me kid, these 32valves are gonna smoke those 32valves! Hehe! Great kill, does your mom know you drive like that on the street?

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Machinator said:
Wait till you run into me kid, these 32valves are gonna smoke those 32valves! Hehe! Great kill, does your mom know you drive like that on the street?

You'll probably just blow your motor trying to beat me. I know your used to racing Hon-Duh's but my car esta muy rapido. You might have a total count of 32 valves but 16 of those are probably burnt. LOL. :pepper: :fart:

Machinator

Banned
32V GT said:
You'll probably just blow your motor trying to beat me. I know your used to racing Hon-Duh's but my car esta muy rapido. You might have a total count of 32 valves but 16 of those are probably burnt. LOL. :pepper: :fart:

My sides are hurting from laughing so hard, you are a witty guy but it wont help you in the good ole 1320 even if 16 of my valves are burnt! ;-)

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Machinator said:
My sides are hurting from laughing so hard, you are a witty guy but it wont help you in the good ole 1320 even if 16 of my valves are burnt! ;-)

"I'm not fast, but I'm quick"---Crazy Junior High Student, During P.E. at small private school. 1320? Can your car go that long without a tuneup? You might want to bring a nissan altima! :D

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
I was going to do the same with my 98 GT by putting in a Mach 1 motor. I ended up with a bullitt motor, all bolt ons and a big stall. People don't know what to think when they get drug by a GT that has V6 emblems. :pepper: :banana:

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
Cobra4pt6 said:
they dont know that '98 GT has a mach 1 motor :rockon:

AAAAAAAAAAAAH, Now that makes a heck of a lot more sense...I was wondering how a 225hp 98 2v was supposedly taking out an M3...maybe a drivers race with an E36 M3 (the boxy looking one) but now that you said you have a Mach hiding in 98's clothes, it all adds up, sorry for my previous ignorant post :read:

-J

Machinator

Banned
32V GT said:
"I'm not fast, but I'm quick"---Crazy Junior High Student, During P.E. at small private school. 1320? Can your car go that long without a tuneup? You might want to bring a nissan altima! :D

His nickname was" New and Used", dont make me spank you with the altima. That thing is a beast it has all of 140hp and it can leave a smoke trail so thick you wont find your way to the finishing line!

rmgtc01

Established Member
That is cool with the motor swap. What do you have at the engine now about ~350 or so?? What about 1/4 times?

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
That is cool with the motor swap. What do you have at the engine now about ~350 or so?? What about 1/4 times?

I haven't ran the quarter yet but it puts down 300 (actually 299.6) at the tires which is:
X x .88=300 which 300/.88=X is approximately equal to 341. Or if you want a 15% drivetrain loss it turns out to be 353. My guess is that it is in this range somewhere. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
dam2v said:
I was going to do the same with my 98 GT by putting in a Mach 1 motor. I ended up with a bullitt motor, all bolt ons and a big stall. People don't know what to think when they get drug by a GT that has V6 emblems. :pepper: :banana:

It's awesome ain't it? There definitly sleepers, everbody knows how slow they were from the factory and most of the fast modulars are new edge, I love it. :beer:

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
32V GT said:
It's awesome ain't it? There definitly sleepers, everbody knows how slow they were from the factory and most of the fast modulars are new edge, I love it. :beer:
Yep! Yours is MUCH cooler than mine, but I still managed to squeeze 258/291 out of a 2V without pulling the heads or intake off of the car. That's with the auto. When I first got the car with the original motor it made a whopping 185/260 LOL

Users who are viewing this thread