07-09 GT500 E85 Setups needed please.

gearhead08

Established Member
All,

So Here is a little backstory. My car has been running on E85 for about a year now. No issues. Originally when I got my car tuned it made 16 psi with a 2.4 pulley. Which I thought was odd because it should be making 18 psi. I was told it was the nasty Arizona weather. Long story short a couple weeks ago I replaced my dirty air filter. My car now run leans because if I had to guess it is making closer to 18 psi now. It was fairly clogged apparently and didn't realize the dirty air filter would make such a huge impact. My car made 668rwhp on a Mustang dyno at 16 psi. I have dual VMP voltage boosters and ID 1000s with a stainless steel filter. Seeing as my car is running lean and the fuel system is maxed it needs a retune. I have purchased long tube headers with an off road x pipe and a 10% lower pulley. I have been looking around and it seems like I need the walbro 465 pumps because they are E85 compatible and I have thought about the the lethal return system. Now if I were to install these components do I need to uninstall the VMP dual voltage boosters or will they work with that setup? I am really struggling with finding information on this. So if someone can answer that question that would be fantastic, and if anyone can respond with their fuel setup that is reliable for E85. I am assuming my car would be making from 770-800rwhp on a dynojet but I am not 100% for sure.

Thanks,

Mark

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
You won't need to unplug the BAPs. They can run just fine with that setup. However, if you are just wanting to upgrade your pumps like I did, instead of running a full return style system, the Walbros won't fit in the stock hat. I'm running the DW300m pumps which are 340 lph, the plug and play VMP BAPs, -8 lines from pumps to rails (not return style), ID1000's, Fore filter, and Fore billet rails. It just took a little time to get the system dialed in but it works great now. If I had to do it again though, I'd go with the ID1300's for more headroom. Let me know if you have any more questions!

gearhead08

Established Member
You won't need to unplug the BAPs. They can run just fine with that setup. However, if you are just wanting to upgrade your pumps like I did, instead of running a full return style system, the Walbros won't fit in the stock hat. I'm running the DW300m pumps which are 340 lph, the plug and play VMP BAPs, -8 lines from pumps to rails (not return style), ID1000's, Fore filter, and Fore billet rails. It just took a little time to get the system dialed in but it works great now. If I had to do it again though, I'd go with the ID1300's for more headroom. Let me know if you have any more questions!

How hard was it to install the -8 line. Do you feel it was needed. I am thinking about throwing the pumps in to see what happens, or does that sound stupid?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
As long as you monitor a/f and pump duty, shouldn't hurt. Definitely don't want to keep running lean. You may need the tune adjusted regardless.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
How hard was it to install the -8 line. Do you feel it was needed. I am thinking about throwing the pumps in to see what happens, or does that sound stupid?

It wasn't hard at all. I just bought I think 13' of line (would buy 15' if I did it again to be safe) with all the proper fittings and made the lines myself. (Get the AN wrench and vise adapters if you do it. So much easier!) I don't feel it was necessary but it was nice for piece of mind. Plus, I was hoping to set it up so in the future I could just do minimal work for a full up return setup if needed. Didn't want to buy things twice or half-ass it. All in all I am very satisfied with this setup. Like I said though, it takes a little datalogging to get everything right but I feel it's worth it! HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread