07 GT500 Vert To The Track

srk1959

Established Member
I didn't get time to dyno my 07 vert GT500 after installing the L & M TB and Plenum this last week. A fellow board member invited me to go to the track on Sunday and I thought why not give it a try and see if I can tell how much of a difference they made.

There are not many mods on my vert. They are as follows, stock supercharger with 2.6" upper and I.W. 10% lower, C & L cai, L & M TB and Plenum, Evolution 93 octane tune. Everything else is bone stock. I was using my smaller 305/35/18 M/T's with 16 psi.

My best time was an 11.41 which was .42 quicker than my previous best of 11.83 with the stock plenum and throttle body.

My mile per hour was 124.24 which was 6.24 mph faster than my previous 118.00 with the stock stuff.

This was just a spur of the moment trip to the track and I was really impressed at how hard it pulls on the top end, and so were the many "race" cars with slicks and big scoops that I beat!

I am really happy with the combination and didn't change the tune to run either the plenum or TB. Still runs great.

This was not a 100% down to the bone datalogging session, just out having some fun. I think with some decent slicks and maybe my race tune it could get really low in the 11's. But this is just the cruiser the Whipple coupe is the one that I will spending most of the time with at the track next year.

So no matter what anyone says I am impressed with the addition of the L & M tb and plenum.

I would post a copy of the time slip but am not having any luck with the pdf format.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I didn't get time to dyno my 07 vert GT500 after installing the L & M TB and Plenum this last week. A fellow board member invited me to go to the track on Sunday and I thought why not give it a try and see if I can tell how much of a difference they made.

There are not many mods on my vert. They are as follows, stock supercharger with 2.6" upper and I.W. 10% lower, C & L cai, L & M TB and Plenum, Evolution 93 octane tune. Everything else is bone stock. I was using my smaller 305/35/18 M/T's with 16 psi.

My best time was an 11.41 which was .42 quicker than my previous best of 11.83 with the stock plenum and throttle body.

My mile per hour was 124.24 which was 6.24 mph faster than my previous 118.00 with the stock stuff.

This was just a spur of the moment trip to the track and I was really impressed at how hard it pulls on the top end, and so were the many "race" cars with slicks and big scoops that I beat!

I am really happy with the combination and didn't change the tune to run either the plenum or TB. Still runs great.

This was not a 100% down to the bone datalogging session, just out having some fun. I think with some decent slicks and maybe my race tune it could get really low in the 11's. But this is just the cruiser the Whipple coupe is the one that I will spending most of the time with at the track next year.

So no matter what anyone says I am impressed with the addition of the L & M tb and plenum.

I would post a copy of the time slip but am not having any luck with the pdf format.

Great times....! Even for a Vert...! :rolling: Can you send or have more info about the L & M tb and plenum? Or even some pics of it as well? Thanks,

remsvt

Nice, glad to hear this especially since I just got both installed recently. Planning on running soon myself and see where I'm at. Drivability seems good too!

Users who are viewing this thread