07 GT500 vs SRT8 300c vs 09 Z06

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
heres how they went down.
GT500, pulley, cai, tune, 520 rwhp
SRT8 300c, exhaust, intake, 100 shot of nos
40 roll,
GT500 in second, 300c honks and they go. Shelby puts 3 cars on him in 2nd and lets out in 4th with a few buses. the spray didnt work right :)

Same GT500 vs bone stock 09 Z06
50-150. Z06 lets GT500 take the hit, GT500 pulls a half car, powershifts into 3rd and Z06 closses fast, then passes mid way through 3rd... GT500 hits 4th and winds it out. Corvette takes the win with 3 cars

Races were for fun, and there will probably be a re match with the 300c. There are vids but I dont have a clue how to post with the new camera :( The Z06 is just a damn strong car

Blaine

Established Member
Rule #1 on racing Z06's. Never race from a roll. You will lose after the needle crosses the 120 mark. (unless you have a ton more power)

Always race a Z06 from a dig. Embarrass him fast.. then let out of it.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Rule #1 on racing Z06's. Never race from a roll. You will lose after the needle crosses the 120 mark. (unless you have a ton more power)

hard when they have 335's lol.

R1Lello

Established Member

that's funny, find me a few youtube vids of gt500's taking a Z06 on the street from a dig. Please. and while you're at it, find me a few where GT500's actually win a race, must be hundreds of thousands of them losing. Made me sick really.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I had 345's on my Zo6 and the traction control made the car very easy to launch on the street, I think he only advantage a gt500 would have is from a roll to about 140 or so, cuz like ppl said, the Z's are animals from a high roll

SuperRok

Established Member
I think a Z06 would launch better than a Shelby any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
that's funny, find me a few youtube vids of gt500's taking a Z06 on the street from a dig. Please. and while you're at it, find me a few where GT500's actually win a race, must be hundreds of thousands of them losing. Made me sick really.

havent seen any on the street but seen plenty on the track... :D

jasil

Established Member
Go buy a GTR mod accordingly and beat everything this side of a UGR Gallardo!! :)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

This is one of the craziest things I've read in a while. The 500 will hang mod for mod with less money to 140. Here is one I found for you with a 30 second search.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZrlOJnK2Ns"]All Races For 2011 Shelby VS Corvette ZO6 - YouTube[/nomedia]

jas11151990

Established Member
damn that shelby was right there....but that guy can not hit 5th in the ZO6 to save his life lol

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

As shocking as this may be to your "LSXCANEVALOSE" mentality I can post some vids of Terminators beating C6Z's if you'd care to see those. Just let me know so we can fire up the suicide hotline for you:lol:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You have an interesting definition of a race from a dig!

Better?
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVOyY0EVEIg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL23C5E929343B0010"]Shelby GT500 vs Z06 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Terminators vs C6Z
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3S0XRt9Dxw&NR=1"]Whipple Cobra vs C6 Z06 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QUYpz-nS04"]03 Cobra vs. Ron Fellows Z06 - YouTube[/nomedia]

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You have an interesting definition of a race from a dig!

I posted a roll race as some were saying it's impossible to take one from a roll. Here is the first two dig races that came up in my search for your enjoyment. What's a stock Z's rwhp around 450? My car sits around 520 at the wheel with a tune and when I get time to swap my upper should be at least pushing 550+ with my other parts. Plenty to hang with the dreaded Z.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIo_OxNo3o"]Corvette Z06 vs Shelby GT500 - YouTube[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVOyY0EVEIg&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL23C5E929343B0010"]Shelby GT500 vs Z06 - YouTube[/nomedia]

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I have a twinscrew cobra, and a stock (for now) c6z. The z feels faster above 100mph. When it came time to buy another fast car, the gt500 didn't even register. I like the styling though

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I have a twinscrew cobra, and a stock (for now) c6z. The z feels faster above 100mph. When it came time to buy another fast car, the gt500 didn't even register. I like the styling though

I love C6Z's for one. I would love to own one but I don't think it's in the cards. I don't think anyone is saying that stock for stock the GT500 is a faster car... if they are they need to get their head checked.

What is a bit annoying is the "LSX is the best platform ever and the C6 Vette is the best car ever" and therefore it's unbeatable... if it is beaten for some reason, obviously one of three things happened: 1.) the driver of the other car cheated, 2.) the C6Z wasn't racing, or 3.) the C6Z's driver obviously didn't know what he was doing otherwise he would have won...... sorry, that's complete BS- but that is the mentality of a huge portion on the LSX crowd. It's getting old mang..... and this isn't necessarily directed at you. From what I've seen you don't have that mentality. But many of OUR LSX's brothers do.

Anyone who doubts I like LSX check my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread