'07 SVT Ford Sport Trac (Adrenalin)...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
There was an interview in one of the mustang mags a couple months back where they talked to a SVT spokesperson. He said the lightning was not dead but simply being put on hold so they could work on the cobra. He said the Cobra was their flagship vehicle and had priority over the lightning. Since both vehicles are on brand new platforms they could not work on them simultaneously. I hope he is telling the truth.

The sport track would be a good alternative to the lightning, 4 doors and all wheel drive.

Wildpony

Established Member
I wonder what it will weigh?? Everyone on here pretty much knows the tricks to get to 500 rwhp with the '03/'04 Cobra. Now combine that with prob. just about the same weight, AWD and a 6spd. auto and I would think this will be an easy 11 sec truck.. :rockon:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Cool but a few things I don't like. Why a 4.6 instead of the 5.4? Why a 6spd auto? Waste of money and weight, and there wont be any parts for it. AWD??? Get the hell out of here. Your not getting a truck into the 11s without breaking half the drivetrain along the way. If they just made an SUV version of the lighting, that would be cool.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Wildpony said:
I wonder what it will weigh?? Everyone on here pretty much knows the tricks to get to 500 rwhp with the '03/'04 Cobra. Now combine that with prob. just about the same weight, AWD and a 6spd. auto and I would think this will be an easy 11 sec truck.. :rockon:
I doubt it would weigh anywhere near the cobra. And i dont think the awd is gonna help once the power start to raise

Wildpony

Established Member
What were the Typhoon/Syclone guys running back in the early 90's with their "modded" trucks??

What's to say the driveline can't handle around 500 HP ?? I wouldn't write it off yet.

Users who are viewing this thread