08 GT500 vs 12 5.0

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That's always an area of disagreement... stock is completely unmodified IMHO. If you can get the car from the factory with DRs on it that's a different story, otherwise you are limited to what they gave you. If you let DRs count as stock you fall right off the cliff really... I mean the factory intake setups are typically not adequate either, the poor motor is choking, so a cold air kit has to count as stock as well... (etc, etc)
LOL!!

Bottom line is if your car has any mods (that improve performance), it is not stock. Tired of the "this car is stock on slicks" BS! :kaboom:

BLK93GT

Established Member
LOL!!

Bottom line is if your car has any mods (that improve performance), it is not stock. Tired of the "this car is stock on slicks" BS! :kaboom:

If it adds power or aids in traction I agree. I have a fee mods but none that add power. Still on stock F1's. I added mufflers for sound and shifter because it wouldn't shift into 2nd. Found out I had a torn mount where the shifter slides in at top of tunnel.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I've been into Mustangs since I was young. I had (still have) the option to buy a new GT500. I went with the 5.0, obviously. I wanted to build a car that would be my own.

The GT500's are great, but I drive my car everyday and I can't see spending $60k+ on a specialty car and racking up the mileage. Plus, I would want to mod the GT500 and 650hp+ is a little much on the street. IMO anyway. Sure, I could get Terminator and drive that, but I wouldn't

By the time I'm done, I'll have the chassis tight as hell, FRPP racing suspension, '14 GT500 Brakes, FRPP Recaro seats, LT's, one-piece DS, and a twin disc clutch on top of what I already have. Possibly a 100 shot. I won't have a weak link on this car! Maybe the trans, but what the hell, I'll buy a new one when needed.

If I had the choice between my car (in a few weeks) and a 2010+ GT500, I would go with the 5.0.

I really don't understand the fanboi's thinking that THEIR car is the end all to the automotive world. You're just an ignorant idiot. Go sit in a new M-B SLS. THAT is a work of F-IN ART!

:beer:

Sick03Vert

Banned
I've been into Mustangs since I was young. I had (still have) the option to buy a new GT500. I went with the 5.0, obviously. I wanted to build a car that would be my own.

The GT500's are great, but I drive my car everyday and I can't see spending $60k+ on a specialty car and racking up the mileage. Plus, I would want to mod the GT500 and 650hp+ is a little much on the street. IMO anyway. Sure, I could get Terminator and drive that, but I wouldn't

By the time I'm done, I'll have the chassis tight as hell, FRPP racing suspension, '14 GT500 Brakes, FRPP Recaro seats, LT's, one-piece DS, and a twin disc clutch on top of what I already have. Possibly a 100 shot. I won't have a weak link on this car! Maybe the trans, but what the hell, I'll buy a new one when needed.

If I had the choice between my car (in a few weeks) and a 2010+ GT500, I would go with the 5.0.

I really don't understand the fanboi's thinking that THEIR car is the end all to the automotive world. You're just an ignorant idiot. Go sit in a new M-B SLS. THAT is a work of F-IN ART!

:beer:

Sounds like a lot of self-justification to me. Plus..."fanboi"? Sorry, but I just can't take you seriously.

The SLS is a nice GT car...but it's far from perfect. Pretty? Yes. Great sounding? Yes. Fun to drive? Meeehhh....if you're looking for a M-B on roids, sure.

For a real work of art, I suggest the Ferrari 458 Italia. Much better looking, much more fun to drive, and a better all around package IMO.

But...everyone will have a different opinion on that.

Users who are viewing this thread