08 GT500 vs 12 5.0

BLK93GT

Established Member
My 2011 GT500 svtpp with drag radials ran 11.95@118 stock other than wot box so I could shift. Bone stock 12.45@116. My friends 2012 GT with offroad x, intake, tune ran 12.2@118 on plain old street tires.

How is a 2010-2012 way faster than a mildly modded GT???

Poppacapp

Established Member
My 2011 GT500 svtpp with drag radials ran 11.95@118 stock other than wot box so I could shift. Bone stock 12.45@116. My friends 2012 GT with offroad x, intake, tune ran 12.2@118 on plain old street tires.

How is a 2010-2012 way faster than a mildly modded GT???

Who keeps their 500's stock? Pulley/tune only a few hundred bucks away. :banana:

Poppacapp

Established Member
True. Most don't. I did just to see what it was capable of on stock trim. Both with mild bolt ons the gt500 will win for sure.

Well, I have seen the performance vary on these cars dragstrip wise. Have seen mid to low 11's out of stock pre-13's also.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Well, I have seen the performance vary on these cars dragstrip wise. Have seen mid to low 11's out of stock pre-13's also.

I know of 2 low 11's but on slicks/skinnies. Not many have stock times posted. I know mine would run an 11.5 easy on slicks.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I know of 2 low 11's but on slicks/skinnies. Not many have stock times posted. I know mine would run an 11.5 easy on slicks.

I don't consider tires as a "mod" Stock motor, stock suspension... just something to put the power to the ground imo counts as stock. :rockon:

We both know the stock Goodyears are useless on our cars. I run around 24/7 on 555r's just because it makes the car safe to drive.. along with traction. The Goodyears always wanted to "step out" sideways... hated them. 555's spin straight and controllable :)

OneSlowV

Established Member
With the right driver a stock GT500 is faster than a bolton 5.0. But most of you guys that own one can't get off the line to save your lives. Fastest time for a 2011-12 gt500 11.24 @ 124mph whats the fastest time for a stock or bolton 5.0? No were near that add a pulley and tune to the Shelby and you should have no problem yanking one down the road.

BLK93GT

Established Member
With the right driver a stock GT500 is faster than a bolton 5.0. But most of you guys that own one can't get off the line to save your lives. Fastest time for a 2011-12 gt500 11.24 @ 124mph whats the fastest time for a stock or bolton 5.0? No were near that add a pulley and tune to the Shelby and you should have no problem yanking one down the road.

rw95gt ran 11.11 with slicks/skinnies in his svtpp 2011. My 11.95@118 on 18" nitto isn't bad for stock. That was with junk stock shifter as well. I do think with sticky tires a 2010-2012 is faster.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Yeah i keep thinking of a 11.24 run lol. I liked the hurst shifter that they came with. Alot better than the new 5.0 im driving.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I don't consider tires as a "mod" Stock motor, stock suspension... just something to put the power to the ground imo counts as stock. :rockon:

We both know the stock Goodyears are useless on our cars. I run around 24/7 on 555r's just because it makes the car safe to drive.. along with traction. The Goodyears always wanted to "step out" sideways... hated them. 555's spin straight and controllable :)

That's always an area of disagreement... stock is completely unmodified IMHO. If you can get the car from the factory with DRs on it that's a different story, otherwise you are limited to what they gave you. If you let DRs count as stock you fall right off the cliff really... I mean the factory intake setups are typically not adequate either, the poor motor is choking, so a cold air kit has to count as stock as well... (etc, etc)

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That's always an area of disagreement... stock is completely unmodified IMHO. If you can get the car from the factory with DRs on it that's a different story, otherwise you are limited to what they gave you. If you let DRs count as stock you fall right off the cliff really... I mean the factory intake setups are typically not adequate either, the poor motor is choking, so a cold air kit has to count as stock as well... (etc, etc)

This!

BLK93GT

Established Member

Very true, I agree. Unfortunately my car 100% stock was a lousy 12.45@116 due to 1-2 shift issue which cost me .2 easy and some MPH.

I have mufflers and shifter so technically not stock now.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Very true, I agree. Unfortunately my car 100% stock was a lousy 12.45@116 due to 1-2 shift issue which cost me .2 easy and some MPH.

I have mufflers and shifter so technically not stock now.

lousy... :lol: I am also a terrible driver sir so I get where you are coming from. :beer:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I am a good driver, probably better than average but the stock tires and 1-2 grind negate that lol.

I was being facetious.. :) I'm not the best but I would put myself at better than average as well. :beer: Your 'lousy' stock time is pretty damn good and I'm sure you are well aware. :)

BLK93GT

Established Member
I was being facetious.. :) I'm not the best but I would put myself at better than average as well. :beer: Your 'lousy' stock time is pretty damn good and I'm sure you are well aware. :)

Yea it's decent probably one of the better I have seen but I know a 12.2 is possible bone stock if it doesn't have 1-2 shift issue. I have an MGW that solved that and mufflers so not stock now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread