08 GT500 vs Dodge R/T

sniper85

Established Member
I don't hate on other cars. To each their own. With that being said I hate when people look at my Stang like its shit.

I was cruising down 35 around San Marcos, TX. As I pulled on the hwy I seen two challenger r/t. Red and a white one. I pulled next to the red one and gave him a thumbs up(was an older guy). I then noticed a young kid with his girl in the white one on my ass. He then passed me on the passenger side and gave me a look and thumbs down. And gunned it. Aaaaawwwww.......hell no!!! Traffics was kinda heavy so I got behind him and all over a sudden a 1/2 stretch opened up on the far right lanes. He passed a semi and gunned it so I had to play catch up. I shift to third and floored it. I passed him at 90mph like he was standing still.I pulled at least a bus length on him and just kept pulling. I seen him get pissed in the mirror and his girl laughing. He tried to keep up so I toyed with him. I slowed down to let him catch up and I would floor it and he would try to keep up. I then got be side and gave him a thumbs down.

The other night I was on 35 again when an orange r/t got on my ass and floored past me. He slowed down and I shifted in third and gave him a fly by. I kept in eye in my mirror and seen his headlights lift up. He was about 2 maybe 3 links behind me. I drop back to 3rd and gunned it when he got in btwn the bumper and door. I immediately stopped his pull and waited for my shift light. I hit the shift perfect and immediately pulled 3 maybe 4 cars on him. He then got behind me and pulled off 35. I honked and waived but I think they were too butt hurt.

08 gt500- steeds pully, ffrp exhaust w/ cut outs, cai, ford factory pro cal tune. Mlccoed clutch and 4 point roll cage. 285 nt555 on rear. 485wrhp/475 ft lbs

ramstein

Established Member
Should have given him thumbs down. Maybe this encounter will encourage him to learn more about other cars...

KushBandit

Established Member
Nice kills OP. Those R/Ts are definitely nothing special. The outcome is pretty blatant with those.

Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time with them anymore if it wasn't for the kids driving them that think they're the fastest in town. Gotta love when they disrespect your ride and you blow past them :)

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Someone needs to study the food chain a little better. Those are slow, slow, slow. Good kills dude!

sniper85

Established Member
No. I'm not a college student. My wife is from San Marcos and we met when I was stationed at FT. Hood. I'm originally from southern INDIANA. I do CNC machining/programming now.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Nice kills OP. Those R/Ts are definitely nothing special. The outcome is pretty blatant with those.

Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time with them anymore if it wasn't for the kids driving them that think they're the fastest in town. Gotta love when they disrespect your ride and you blow past them :)
Guy at my work has a newer Charger R/T & asked me if I have stickers all over my MS6. 6 is faster than your car, pal.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Good kill! I'm sure Texas is more exciting than Indiana! I have a local kid here with a 12 R/T that thinks it's hot shit too. Put a bus length on him from 50 to 100 and shut it down. Then he does a ricer fly by of course after I'd been out of it then proceeded to tell everyone that he thought he was going to lose but blew by me at 130.. I was like yeah I had been out of it for while dude.. Kids in these cars really grind my gears! lol

jbal

Established Member
R/Ts are in "why bother ?" territory for sure. But they do irritate. I almost bothered with one yesterday.

KushBandit

Established Member
Guy at my work has a newer Charger R/T & asked me if I have stickers all over my MS6. 6 is faster than your car, pal.

Hahah no doubt you'd beat him. It seems the R/T guys think they're fast just because they have a "Hemi". Too bad they weigh as much as a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread