'08 Shelby Follow along for a TT kit build

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
been following along and maybe I missed it, but why all the custom fab work over off the shelf stuff? not knocking it as the work is sweet.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Because that is how he rolls. :rockon: :D

Thanks for the insightful and informative response Jake.

facepalm.gif

:beer:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I wish I was that talented to do my own fab work. Would make the feeling of owning the car that much better.

CPRsm

been following along and maybe I missed it, but why all the custom fab work over off the shelf stuff? not knocking it as the work is sweet.
A few reasons. It's cheaper to make it myself with better parts then most off the shelf parts will use. But for this tire on a 12 rim, it's HUGE. The control arms had to go in a little, and the shocks will end up standing about straight up. I just can't get it the way I want it by buying it. But what Alan brought up is a big part of it for me also. Always liked working on my Stop by whenever you want Alan. Then I'll smash a few knuckles for you, cut you up a little bit, burn you in a few spots and you can have the same feeling about it I do :lol:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
When you say cheaper.............I'll presume you are not calculating in your time as a cost?

CPRsm

Monetarily cheaper for sure. Even with time, some still cheaper. Some things you have to draw the line on. The lower control arms yes. Easy. Better hiems, stronger arm than anyone probably makes. Anti roll bar would be close. Probably 5-600 in parts with labor when I'm done. But probably only 160 in material. The upper I didn't want to touch because someone already made a killer piece. That would have been much harder to figure out than the rest of this stuff. But it's kinda of a wash since I wanted these rims to fit as best as I can. They will stick out a touch. But I want the 325 on a 12in rim. If you put it on a 10, you might as well run something smaller because you've lost the contact patch with a narrower rim. I could have been able to use OTS parts if I didn't want the width, or backspace on these. I really didn't want 6-7in of backspace. Purely looks there. But I think the adjust-ability will be worth the squeeze. Like to see 1.3's. It has the power, but IDK with the weight. So I'm going to be hitting the rear end pretty hard.
Thanx much Tony.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
You see, its so easy, a caveman can do it! STKJOCK, my response was based off of the degree of elemental strokes per the law of perplex convex.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
San Diego is rated the best place to live for year round temperature, housing market is insanely high however.

CPRsm

It's not as bad as it used to be, but the weather is not worth it. Looking at moving to AZ. Ca constantly shits on small business.

CPRsm

Whew. Got lucky as hell. Bought this kit wanting the L brackets, and would probably have to hack the mounts all to hell if I could even get them to work. Should be able to just angle them how I want them and weld in. I'll just record my angles and locations and do it when I take the rear end down. I'll do thaat and the ARB tomorrow. Late night this morning. Going to go home early... at 730 ARB weighted in at just under 15 lbs
shockmount001.jpg

shockmount002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread