'09 GTR full front half wrapped in Xpel PPF Ultimate

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Yesterday was the final day of my 5 day dealer/installer certification training at Xpel Paint Protection in San Antonio. After passing my tests, we were able to cut pieces to install on my '09 Pearl White Premium all day Friday. We did front bumper, hood, vents, fenders, air dam, front splitter, and doors. Here are the pics of my install.
Note: Xpel has the pre cut hood kit but we bulked it & free handed the cutting for practice & experience.
Anyway, here are the pics I took during the process

00976426.jpg

b109743c.jpg

b679eb23.jpg

9858e942.jpg

0cceffb9.jpg

e5806436.jpg

9f8eaaf0.jpg

603fe124.jpg

80c249b1.jpg

6dc5186e.jpg

23c3eaa8.jpg

320d7ef4.jpg

c21f13d1.jpg

dba04629.jpg

2bd58b5e.jpg

e73ea9a8.jpg

8ffb46ae.jpg

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Nice job, do you like the Xpel? I install for a living as well but have never done a full wrap.How long did it take to install? I loved your Cobra but this car is badass.

93_408_LX

Established Member
Paint quality is always hard to tell in pics so in the pics you obviously can't see either. Can you notice it at all in person? Also, the fact that the car is white clearly helps this. Would you notice it on a black car?

96 cobra

Established Member
Is that the optional pearl color for the GTR, saw one at a meet a few days ago, pics do it no justice...

Nice job on the xpel!...

ROMM

Established Member
Rant begin

I am definitely in the minority, but I don't care at all for these wraps. I have had a few nice cars that had this stuff all over (Superformance Shelby Cobra, Noble M400) and I hated it. They do the job they are supposed to but look bad and totally detract from the paint after a year or two. They were installed perfectly on my cars, too. Also pulling them off can be a costly experience as I found out with my Superformance. Had some nicks on the front of the clear stuff which looked really bad after it started to peel, so when it was removed, it pulled a nickel sized piece of my paint off! Totally pissed. It was probably installed before the paint cured. It would have been better to not ever had the clear stuff on and just touched up the paint. This is what I have done with my Noble. Pulled off all the the clear stuff on the front of the car (no problems this time) and got the matching paint code and the car looks brand new for just a couple hundred bucks. Do it all again in a few years if it gets nicked up. I still have the clear stuff on other parts of the car - the air inlets that stick out on the side are wrapped, the rear wing is totally wrapped and the side mirrors are wrapped. Also what sucks about this stuff is when you detail your car. For example, my Noble had half of the front wrapped and my Superformance had the bulging rear qaurters wrapped. When you detail and polish/wax your car, it was so obvious this stuff was on the car. You just don't get that bling affect with this stuff on the car, especially when there is a metallic finish in the paint. The manufacturers put these beautiful paint jobs on these cars with the layers of clear coat and such, and then the first thing we do is cover it up. What was the point of having the beautiful paint job in the first place? So the guy who rips it off years from now can enjoy the awesome paint? This is just my opinion and experience with this stuff. I know I am in the minority. Ever cool ass car I buy has this stuff all over it from the previous owner. Being that your car is white and you did your whole car probably your experience will be nothing like mine. Looks like you did a nice install job looking at the pics. Doing a total install means you shouldn't have the obvious lines of where the Xpel starts and ends. Which was another annoyance with my cars.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Buddy of mine owns a tint shop for over 20 yrs, he has a 99 Forumula that runs 7's and he drives it on the street. He coverd he whole car complete.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
thanks guys! i'm pumped to finish the entire car, it makes the pearl look like a clean diamond!!!

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
what else would you expect for GodZilla. GTR's are pretty sick but the car is white anyway so just repaint the front bumper & hood every couple years like most people

Users who are viewing this thread