0W-8 Engine Oil - Who wants to the the first here to run it???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looks like there's a new Royal Purple formulation on the market:

rpo-01009_pj_xl.jpg

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Wow pricey stuff.....

Maybe someone who lives up North in the Yukon Territory or Alaska may have some use for it.

It is interesting stuff tho, I just wonder what the market will be for it.

Dusten

Established Member
Wow pricey stuff.....

Maybe someone who lives up North in the Yukon Territory or Alaska may have some use for it.

It is interesting stuff tho, I just wonder what the market will be for it.

It's been around a few years

The market is sprint cars. And drag racers. And for use as an oil in qualifiers.

It's not designed for extended use.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse

The market is sprint cars. And drag racers. And for use as an oil in qualifiers.

Ah, got it. That makes better sense than.

One of those where squeezing out every little extra horsepower they can for increased speed to win the race, even with the consequence of it imploding....

Dusten

Established Member
Ah, got it. That makes better sense than.

One of those where squeezing out every little extra horsepower they can for increased speed to win the race, even with the consequence of it imploding....

From what I read on bobistheoilguy they engines have shown no increased wear

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Just cut it with diesel fuel.
And then cut it afterwards with water. Couple of my good mates race locally “sprint cars” always use 20W-50. Cool
Although sounds like a marketing ploy aimed at reduction of carbon printing and highlighting some 8th degree fuel efficiency.

Dusten

Established Member
And then cut it afterwards with water. Couple of my good mates race locally “sprint cars” always use 20W-50. Cool
Although sounds like a marketing ploy aimed at reduction of carbon printing and highlighting some 8th degree fuel efficiency.

0w8 is produced by a few high end companies and is marketed at race cars. So I doubt fuel economy has anything to do with it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
0w8 is produced by a few high end companies and is marketed at race cars. So I doubt fuel economy has anything to do with it.
I get what you’re saying (agreed) however there’s been publications Development of Ultra Low Viscosity 0W-8 Engine Oil that would say otherwise. Like I said, I think it’s cool but it’s marketed towards to cool kids not necessarily needed nor necessary not needed.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

This.

My uncles/cousin run it in their alcohol late models. I asked why not redline or amsoil, my uncle said "I don't know what it is about this purple shit, but it doesn't turn into goop like other oils do on a pure alcohol engine." Or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread