1/4 mile times with the Paxton

Gruca

Established Member
Got my tune dialed in and went to the track. The best I could manage was an [email protected] with a 1.7596 60ft. I was having trouble launching most of the night. I was only getting 1.9x 60fts. This was my best 60 of the night and my last run. This is with a manual.

C24C7825-1A09-4A58-827D-A9DDA3BE0D15_zpsces5vieg.jpg

Brutal Metal

Established Member
27 mph backhalf is Good man, your trap speed is there shave a tenth off your 60 and a couple off the 330 and you'll get your 10 second slip.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's your rear tire setup?

Nice time-slip, and you're knocking on the door to a 10 second slip. ;)

Gruca

Established Member
What's your rear tire setup?

Nice time-slip, and you're knocking on the door to a 10 second slip. ;)

Thanks. I have 15x8 Jegs Sports Stars with Hoosier 28x10.5x15 bias plys on them. I'm still trying to get the launch down. Manuals are a pain in the ass sometimes :mad:

Gruca

Established Member
BMR springs, Koni non-adjustable, BMR LCAs with relo bracket, set on second hole, BMR adj UCA, adj panhard bar.

Tire psi was at 18. I completely forgot to try lowering it. Was launching around 4-4.5k. Having trouble with traction when I tried any higher.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
BMR springs, Koni non-adjustable, BMR LCAs with relo bracket, set on second hole, BMR adj UCA, adj panhard bar.

Tire psi was at 18. I completely forgot to try lowering it. Was launching around 4-4.5k. Having trouble with traction when I tried any higher.
Air them down to 14-15 next time you go...

krhonn

Established Member
You guys with the 6 speed do run tubes under your slicks?
I've heard it's recommended but not a requirement?
Great run OP!

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Good time! Wish I could launch at 4k!! Auto has its issues too with stock stall. MPH looks healthy. What timing are you running from 3k-7500? Where are you shifting?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
wrong. Auto works jus fine with a stock converter and a Paxton.

Good time! Wish I could launch at 4k!! Auto has its issues too with stock stall. MPH looks healthy. What timing are you running from 3k-7500? Where are you shifting?

Gruca

Established Member
You guys with the 6 speed do run tubes under your slicks?
I've heard it's recommended but not a requirement?
Great run OP!

I don't use tubes. Haven't had an issue.

Thanks. I shift around 7,200 - 7,400. On that run I might've let 3rd gear go to about 7,600 on accident. The tune was supposed to be limited to 7,400 so when I saw the dash turn red and looked I saw I was creeping up on the 8k line...pissed me off.

Not sure on the timing. I'd have to go back and check my logs.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Thanks Sizeth3. Everyone telling me it is just me....

I make in the 575-600 rwhp range. If you look at my dyno sheet, I make all of my torque starting at about 3500 rpm. It just drops off before that.

My car pulls like a freight train, but won't 60' to save it's life. I am 1.95-2.0 60' ing, and picking up 29 mph on the back end. My car is also not light, 3900 lbs with driver, which isn't helping.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Sizeth,
that is what I am seeing too. What is your best time so far? Mine is [email protected] (2400 DA; [email protected] corrected). No dyno yet and that was with 14 deg timing (still working on tune too).

My track is consistently at 2800- 3500' DA, so similar conditions to you. Setup is a Procharger Stage 2, 18" AM drift wheels, and drag radials, stock converter.

On the base Procharger tune, my car went 12.0 @ 119 on a 2.053 60'. Really poor conditions TBH as far as weather goes, but the car had perfect traction. The big thing holding me back at that point was that the Procharger tune had a stock redline, due to the tiny injectors they put in that kit (Ford 47 lb).

After ID1000's and a Dyno tune that raised my rev limit, my car went 11.56 @ 126 on a 1.90 60'. Car is still a slug off of the line, then pulls like a freight train. I am picking up 31+ mph on the big end, so I know the converter is seriously holding the car back.

jtip1810

Established Member
What tires are you guys running? I ran 11.5 on shitty nitto's before the converter was installed. My 60ft was in the 1.8 range leaving off idle and rolling in gradually. Had I had good tires on that set up I think I could have been lower 11's easy. I have not even launched hard yet with the converter and been 10.80's.

Users who are viewing this thread