1/4 question...

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
I'm going to take her to the track in 2 to 3 weeks, time permitting, with 85* to 90* weather, a little 100 oct., and DR's, what times should I expect? It's been a while since I've been to the track.
Thanks
Tom
Going to run my 93 tune, in sig. :burnout:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Do you think it has 10sec potential in 60* to 70* weather?
Hey Rob. Hows the L?

I would say no for 10's on your street tune. Not saying the MP can't do it, but going twin screw would definitely add to your already outstanding set-up.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Chuck: Thanks bro. I'll try.
SWThomas: Thanks for the compliment, I wanted to run a KB or Whip, but streetability, spinning the twin screws on 93, and the heat they produce have kept me from them. I can spin the crap out of the MPs. Would I be able to run 14*, 17-18lbs on pump with a twin screw? Thanks
Tom

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
On my Drs I could never 60' once I had over 500HP. Even my 28" Hoosier slicks is an iffy proposition with close to 600HP. The times in my sig are on a 10# lower. I think you can approach those times in great weather and on full slicks. On DRs in poor weather I would be happy with a 11.8.

Give me a notice of when you are going to the track. If I can get there I will let you run on my slicks. I also would love to see your truck run!
Jim

Last edited:

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Do you think it has 10sec potential in 60* to 70* weather?
Hey Rob. Hows the L?

If you had slicks you could go 10s with the race tune.As far as the dr's go i
have gone 11.67@115 on them.Tire pressure and a the right suspension you
can get them dr's to hook at a good track.

Last edited:

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Not that I have a 10 second truck, but judging by how my truck launches with the power it has (not much compaired to yours!!!) and how hard a 10 second car has to get off the line to run that kind of a time, I dont think its possible to get 10's out of DRs on the L. Not saying no one has ever done it, because I'm sure someone is going to chime in and tell you their best friends sister's cousin did... Its just that you need a wrinkle wall slick to really hook hard... Hell If I brake torque my truck at the line just up to 1000 RPM after a good burn out my tires spin a little depending on track conditions... And I'm only running in the 13s! My bug can get a 1.5-1.6sec 60 ft on DRs... but the engine is in the back BEHIND the wheels!!

Jason

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Chuck: Thanks bro. I'll try.
SWThomas: Thanks for the compliment, I wanted to run a KB or Whip, but streetability, spinning the twin screws on 93, and the heat they produce have kept me from them. I can spin the crap out of the MPs. Would I be able to run 14*, 17-18lbs on pump with a twin screw? Thanks
Tom

Man, has someone been :bs:ing you. Both KB's and Whipples are very streetable. I'm not quite sure what you mean by spinning the twin screws on 93..... I do it every day. The heat they produce is less than your MP. The twin screw's discharge temps are lower than a roots (MP) and it's an all around more efficient blower. True, you do have to spin the crap out of an MP to get any power.... Not with a twin screw. Sounds like you've been talking to people at JDM.

QUIK BRIK said:
Would I be able to run 14*, 17-18lbs on pump with a twin screw? Thanks
Tom

Yes.

boca ron

Banned
SWThomas said:
Man, has someone been :bs:ing you. Both KB's and Whipples are very streetable. I'm not quite sure what you mean by spinning the twin screws on 93..... I do it every day. The heat they produce is less than your MP. The twin screw's discharge temps are lower than a roots (MP) and it's an all around more efficient blower. True, you do have to spin the crap out of an MP to get any power.... Not with a twin screw. Sounds like you've been talking to people at JDM.

Yes.
+1 to answer your Q brick traction is the issue its funny it took 126 mph to run 11.67 with a descent 60 i believe a 1.8 something this was on a full built motor 22#s of boost kb and every suppoting mod available. To date that is the best time ive seen on drag radials btw that truck was at a little over 700hp Personally i can run hi 11s pretty consistently on drs but my mph better not be below 120 or it wont happen

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
Well 11s is possiable with dr's did for 2yrs,and no my mph was not 120. I came out of the whole on motor and sprayed it in 2nd with no spin.I had 1.7 1.8 1.9 60s on them and 116 was my highest.As Far as the mp goes i have a 6# lower and 2.75 upper and see 18 pounds of boost in 85* weather and my motor is stock,you don't have to spin the hell out of them to get power.

boca ron

Banned
well let me know when your going to the track an d we can put the BRAKES on all the TALK as i said 11.67 @ 126 on a big hit of n20 the mph difference could be due to the different gear ratio, if i remember corectly your running 4.10s that could explain the mph or lack thereof. but im ready to back my claims up anytime you name the time boca will be there all motor, you can spray it all you want.

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
I knew you would say something like that.I don't run dr's anymore haven't ran them in a year and yes i run 4.10s all i said was its possiable not that you were wrong.Talk all you want you are talking to diffrent trucks yours is built mine is not. I have nothing to
prove just telling everyone the times i ran on dr's thats all.I will be glad to race you i will race anyone thats what i enjoy doing win or lose someone is always going to be
faster.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys.
SWThomas: JDM actually wants me to do the whipple, they say my setup has more potential. My L is a DD, and my thinking was with a Twin screw I could make more power, but would have to run the L with less timing and boost making it less responsive on the street.
Rob: Thanks for the faith.
Boca: I understand your point, just wanted some clarification. My L has DRs mounted 95% of the time therefore I wanted to know her possibilities in street trim.
Jim: Definently.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Jason: Thanks bro. Hows the bug?

I don't want to start anything with this thread, I do my TALKING on the street and not on the track. Thats why DRs.

Do you think my L would dip 10s with slicks and my race tune?
What have you guys run with your street/race tunes?

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Thanks for the input guys.
SWThomas: JDM actually wants me to do the whipple, they say my setup has more potential. My L is a DD, and my thinking was with a Twin screw I could make more power, but would have to run the L with less timing and boost making it less responsive on the street.

Just run less boost and keep the timing if timing is what you're after. It's real easy to swap pulleys and download your race-tune when you get to the track.

Users who are viewing this thread