10.8@127mph - 4200lbs race weight

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Funny.... lol

When Demon runs 9.8-9.9s stock, people crucify Dodge. When new Shelby runs less than advertised... “bad runs happen”.... LoL!

#ALLCARSMATTER!
“10.59 @ 126.93 ~ 1.51 ~ JEANMIGHTYJEAN ~ MT Street R ~~~ Brainerd Intl ~~~~~~ 3100
10.74 @ 128.98 ~ 1.58 ~ PLYMOUTH POWER ~ Stock Nitto ~ Bandimere ~~~~~~~~~~ 8400”

You’re right, one run labels each car as seen above.

The bottom line is all these times are faster than kaneda runs...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I am. If going fast in a straight line were still my primary focus, I'd buy a camaro or a new GT, put a warrantied dealer kit on it, have a FASTER car, that TURNS better, that BRAKES better AND have $30k to sit in my savings account in case the dealer warranty isn't as good as the corporate warranty.

Dodge (what's left of them) has REALLY mastered the marketing concept of slap a car with 20 year old technology and absolutely no R&D effort (to save weight, improve the motor, etc) and as long as they advertise high crank HP numbers and have a body shape that Mopar loyalists like, they'll sell cars. It's brilliant. Dodge bean counters and execs laugh all the way to the bank. A blown 6.2 liter on race fuel that makes 840? Welcome to 1990 technology. It revs like a tractor. Weighs as much as an SUV. But hey, it has a big 3 digit power number at the crank. Everything else is secondary.
No wonder they can come out with another version every 6 months. HC, D, RE, now the A....haha

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How many 90's production cars were capable of 1100 whp on a stock longblock and blower? Or were capable of 9.1's with simple bolt ons? You may want to do a little research.

Fact is the hellcat/demon engines are far more capable from the factory than anything ford has produced to date including the 13/14 gt500.

Regarding these statements, I would like to link to the one that did so much to spark a movement. The 03 cobra in many ways is the spiritual Phoenix to the 1964 gto, 1958 Chrysler imperial, or whatever car people consider the first hipo v8 American all around performance/muscle/got to have it car. The 2007 gt500 took the reins of boosted American v8 and gave it classic lines and and more capability. Dodge came back with the challenger and charger, Chevy with the camaro, and so on. But all of that was non existent in 2003/4. Ford could have sold a 210hp v6 with a snake on the hood as the cobra if they so wanted. They sold a $35k car with 400hp and a shortblock capable of holding 1200whp.

Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra Twin-Turbo - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

1188whp factory shortblock. Longblock had head gaskets and arp studs. Standalone computer. Believe me when I say For 2003/4/5/6, that was ridiculous. An ls6 gto was 6-700whp friendly. Maybe 800whp. 6.2L. The cobra had a tiny 4.6L that could hold 250whp+ per liter properly set up.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Dodge campaigned how fast the demon was and literally no one has touched that time.

Just had some bone stock demons down to the nittos run 9.7’s at a all demon private rental in Houston. That was with a 15-20mph headwind. One guy with different tires actually ran faster than Dodges hero run up until the 1/8 then ran out of gas right before the traps. Ran 9.71.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just had some bone stock demons down to the nittos run 9.7’s at a all demon private rental in Houston. That was with a 15-20mph headwind. One guy with different tires actually ran faster than Dodges hero run up until the 1/8 then ran out of gas right before the traps. Ran 9.71.

My 270whp daily driver feels like it has 325whp right now. It’s 15° where I’m at.

I bet if anyone ran a stock 2009 challenger r/t out there, it would have almost hit a 12.

Day and track a demon goes 9.6, a stock and hot shoe driven c6z will be going 10’s.

Curt@injected

Regarding these statements, I would like to link to the one that did so much to spark a movement. The 03 cobra in many ways is the spiritual Phoenix to the 1964 gto, 1958 Chrysler imperial, or whatever car people consider the first hipo v8 American all around performance/muscle/got to have it car. The 2007 gt500 took the reins of boosted American v8 and gave it classic lines and and more capability. Dodge came back with the challenger and charger, Chevy with the camaro, and so on. But all of that was non existent in 2003/4. Ford could have sold a 210hp v6 with a snake on the hood as the cobra if they so wanted. They sold a $35k car with 400hp and a shortblock capable of holding 1200whp.

Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra Twin-Turbo - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

1188whp factory shortblock. Longblock had head gaskets and arp studs. Standalone computer. Believe me when I say For 2003/4/5/6, that was ridiculous. An ls6 gto was 6-700whp friendly. Maybe 800whp. 6.2L. The cobra had a tiny 4.6L that could hold 250whp+ per liter properly set up.

Haha I've owned and worked on a bunch of terminators. They're beasts and will always be the standard which everything else is measured by although 1100+ whp from a stock terminator long lock isn't exactly common place.

LostM

Established Member
That 8 second car is going to destroy the trans. The 10r doesn't live long at those power levels.

Do dodge guys not understand they live in glass houses? oh im sorry, thats just the differentials. "Very few" seems to be 6 or 7, no one will give me a straight answer... so thats like, nearly 10% , even on stock cars? and would likely be higher if the other "stock" cars didnt have diff braces?

Oddly, im still waiting for the results from that track day.. they seem hesitant to post em up

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 196

Dusten

Established Member
Getting closer.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Do dodge guys not understand they live in glass houses? oh im sorry, thats just the differentials. "Very few" seems to be 6 or 7, no one will give me a straight answer... so thats like, nearly 10% , even on stock cars? and would likely be higher if the other "stock" cars didnt have diff braces?

Oddly, im still waiting for the results from that track day.. they seem hesitant to post em up
The results for the most part have been posted. Bunch of 9.7’s and 9.8’s. Every demon made a 9 second pass. Even cars with full interior and I believe even one running in the 808 mode. The only one’s that didn’t run 9’s were the one’s that broke on their first pass. I believe they touched 140 as well.

Getting closer.
Yup. The da was there but the headwind was brutal and ultimately prevented them from hitting the mark.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

If you launch any car enough times, you will find a weak link in it at some point. I don't care what the vehicle is, if you push it as hard as you can, something will break at some point.

Next

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member
If you launch any car enough times, you will find a weak link in it at some point. I don't care what the vehicle is, if you push it as hard as you can, something will break at some point.

Next

If I remember correctly weren’t the 03/04s snapping half shafts out the gate pretty easily with a tire?

Either way like mentioned above the 03/04 was a huge kick start to these boosted cars across the board, just like today dodges cars are pushing the power envelope and getting attention from people who are into cars maybe but not big gear heads that want to mod a car. In turn this is helping push the market as a whole to continue pushing their offerings. No doubt this GT500 will be more we’ll rounded for the hard core owner that will utilize it to its strong points but the majority of cars and coffee goers won’t much notice a difference in how different manufacturers rides handle or even excellerate with offerings of 600+ hp stock. All in all it goes back to the fact we’re all spoiled with great offerings to choose from.

LostM

Established Member

Next

If you dont race, you wouldn’t understand that, tho.

I understand this, but I dont get why fanboi's dont, since i quoted 1 with that post.. and if a diff brace is considered 'stock" to these guys, but its not "stock", but required to hit the # theyre posting, doesnt that mean its not "stock"?

Curt@injected

They're posted up. Every demon there went a 9. Two stock demons were in the 9.7's

and yes, the diffs are a major problem with the hellcats and demons. I think they had like 6 or 8 failures at the event. They are not mounted to the subframe well and just rip right out.

PIPO

Established Member
I understand this, but I dont get why fanboi's dont, since i quoted 1 with that post.. and if a diff brace is considered 'stock" to these guys, but its not "stock", but required to hit the # theyre posting, doesnt that mean its not "stock"?

The brace is not required to hit the numbers. But it prevents potential carnage...in the eyes of many. Others don’t think so.

My94GT

Established Member
The brace isn’t needed like stated above but here’s the reality, owners of these cars seemingly have little concern with pricing anything to the outside world and will weld the diff or put a brace on if that means it’ll safely guarantee them trouble free launches.

There are a couple people who have said they will continue in stock set up to pursue the 9.65 but the majority are on board with protecting the diff and tossing MT drag radial not only for better grip but reduced risk of wheel hop with that softer sidewall and frankly I don’t blame them.

Let see how many people take their GT500 out and imidiately put a tire on and claim stock. It’ll happen even though we all know at that point it isn’t.

csc427

Established Member

Have an 04 terminator. Serious question here. I thought rods were the weak spot in these motors, limiting you to somewhere in the 600whp range? What did I miss? I know I’m not imagining things here. Lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Serious question...was testing at Dodge so hurried that they somehow overlooked these impending failures or deemed any they saw as insignificant and not a true and accurate sampling of what happens when tracked hard?

Users who are viewing this thread