10 GT500 tune and extra thanks to VMP

ADL

Established Member
Hello, I've been reading/learning on SVT Performance for quite a while. Joined when I got my 14 Mustang GT. I traded my 14 for a stock 10 GT500 a little while back. I really liked the 14 GT, but this GT500 is on another level (my opinion).

I was trying to decide on keeping the stock supercharger and doing a pulley swap, tune, etc..., but after reading many threads, I decided to just put a tune on my car now and wait to do a supercharger upgrade, hopefully in 2015.

Extra thanks to BJ at VMP Tuning. I ordered a tune a couple of days ago knowing a lot of folks are taking holiday time off from work (so I expected to wait a little while). This morning (Mon, 29 Dec 14) I check my email and BJ had sent me the tune! He sent it last night! I really appreciate him taking the time to take care of his customers. Also, he took a call from me today and answered some of my rookie/dumb questions about my SCT tuner. Super nice. I'll definitely give VMP my GT500 business.

Also, thanks to everyone here who share info and educate folks like me. BTW, I like the tune alot. Happy New Year.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
If you get used to the new power, try driving with the traction control off, just to see how much it really does spin the tires! Then wait until you get that pulley, or s/c upgrade. The difference between a stock GT500, and one with a pulley and tune, or supercharger upgrade, is phenomenal :burnout:

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
The thing I noticed more about the first tune was how much power you make under 3000rpms. Watch the boost gauge. On the stock tune, it doesn't jump into boost as quick, but on my VMP tune, as soon as you stab the throttle, at low revs, it builds like 4-5psi really quick. Either they manipulate the bypass valve, and/or tie it in to a snappier throttle movement. Drives great!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The thing I noticed more about the first tune was how much power you make under 3000rpms. Watch the boost gauge. On the stock tune, it doesn't jump into boost as quick, but on my VMP tune, as soon as you stab the throttle, at low revs, it builds like 4-5psi really quick. Either they manipulate the bypass valve, and/or tie it in to a snappier throttle movement. Drives great!

Unicorn juice. That's what it is.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread