10 second stock F90 M5

Never_Enough

Established Member
Praise Odin for BMW's ridiculously great CPO program and warranty.
How long does a warranty normally last from BMW? Not talking about CPO. I mean one you can buy if they won't include it. As of now, I'm not even considering a Euro car as my next toy because I don't want to own one out of warranty, but if there is a good long term warranty available that won't cost stupid extra money, I may reconsider.

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Most manufacturers I think you can get upwards to a 100,000/ 10 year warranty extension. But I'm sure it cost a pretty penny coming from BMW or MB.

I know you can get extensions with GM or Ford on most of their product lines minus specialty vehicles.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
if you're buying one of these cars, you don't care as much about the warranty, or breaking shit, etc. people who buy these cars new, don't keep them much longer than 3-5 years, and they don't care about resale value--that's just how it is. tons of people complain about resale value on these cars--they could never afford to buy the car brand new, so I don't see what the **** they are crying about.

these cars should go 10.6 with a tune, and maybe bottom 10's/high 9's with race gas and downpipes. bonkers. audi paved the way with awd in their rs7. they run 10's with just a tune, and 10.6 with a tune and good gas, for a 4400lb sedan. I have a hellcat, and my rs7. I haven't put drag radials on the hellcat yet, but right now the audi would dominate the dodge in every measure of acceleration, except maybe a high roll.

Never_Enough

Established Member
if you're buying one of these cars, you don't care as much about the warranty, or breaking shit, etc. people who buy these cars new, don't keep them much longer than 3-5 years, and they don't care about resale value--that's just how it is. tons of people complain about resale value on these cars--they could never afford to buy the car brand new, so I don't see what the **** they are crying about.

these cars should go 10.6 with a tune, and maybe bottom 10's/high 9's with race gas and downpipes. bonkers. audi paved the way with awd in their rs7. they run 10's with just a tune, and 10.6 with a tune and good gas, for a 4400lb sedan. I have a hellcat, and my rs7. I haven't put drag radials on the hellcat yet, but right now the audi would dominate the dodge in every measure of acceleration, except maybe a high roll.
I would hope the RS7 kills a HC from a dig. AWD will do that ;)

nomoretickets

Established Member
How long does a warranty normally last from BMW? Not talking about CPO. I mean one you can buy if they won't include it. As of now, I'm not even considering a Euro car as my next toy because I don't want to own one out of warranty, but if there is a good long term warranty available that won't cost stupid extra money, I may reconsider.

Factory warranty is 4 years I believe, and can be extended out to 7. Havent worked at a BMW dealer for a few years now, but the factory warranty included all scheduled maintenance.

CPO automatically bumps the factory warranty to 5 years, unlimited miles.

verbal

Established Member
Factory warranty is 4 years I believe, and can be extended out to 7. Havent worked at a BMW dealer for a few years now, but the factory warranty included all scheduled maintenance.

CPO automatically bumps the factory warranty to 5 years, unlimited miles.

The scheduled maintenance plan on the 2017 models and up changed a lot. It is now just basic maintenance (mainly oil and filter changes). I had it on my 2015 M3 and it included everything.

BMW service is awesome though. They give you a loaner for anything and someone will drive out to your house and pick up and drop off for oil changes, inspections, etc.

My M3 was a really reliable car. I had it for almost 3 years and 34,000 miles. The only issue I had with it was a faulty sensor in the rear bumper. My wife’s X1 has 18,000 miles with no issues as well.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The scheduled maintenance plan on the 2017 models and up changed a lot. It is now just basic maintenance (mainly oil and filter changes). I had it on my 2015 M3 and it included everything.

BMW service is awesome though. They give you a loaner for anything and someone will drive out to your house and pick up and drop off for oil changes, inspections, etc.

My M3 was a really reliable car. I had it for almost 3 years and 34,000 miles. The only issue I had with it was a faulty sensor in the rear bumper. My wife’s X1 has 18,000 miles with no issues as well.
I had great service experiences when I had my 335xi. I wouldn't want someone picking my car up & driving it to dealer, though. No thanks on beating on my shit for free.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Love the m3 and m5 cars. Granted they are well past my price range

earl lee

Established Member

This is why their sales are in the toilet. Once they got rid of that full maintenance which took care of everything (tires, brakes blah) and people had to pay for that shit out of pocket they were like NOPE.

Also, I have a friend who works for BMW, 60% of there cars are LEASED. Nobody of sane mind buys a BMW. After 3 years they turned in and they get a new leased one. Of all the German automakers, BMW is the worse.

They cant build shit to last longer then 3 years. I think they do it purpose honestly.

Dom_Stang11

Established Member
The new Widebody Hellcats come with OEM rear 305 Pirellis and Dodge says it will do the 1/4 in 10.9 sec.

Dodge, heck they all say a lot of crap. It’s all just a crap fest of who can make up the biggest one. Mods to prep, temps to driver, all just variables. I go 0-60 in .003 seconds on ice in my driveway. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nomoretickets

Established Member
This is why their sales are in the toilet. Once they got rid of that full maintenance which took care of everything (tires, brakes blah) and people had to pay for that shit out of pocket they were like NOPE.

Also, I have a friend who works for BMW, 60% of there cars are LEASED. Nobody of sane mind buys a BMW. After 3 years they turned in and they get a new leased one. Of all the German automakers, BMW is the worse.

They cant build shit to last longer then 3 years. I think they do it purpose honestly.

LOL have you ever looked at the service requirements for Audi? Full timing and cooling service required every 70k miles or else your engine grenades itself . oh BTW, we thought it would be cool to package everything in the bay super tight so you literally have to remove the entire front end if the car just to get to your timing cover .

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't get all the Hellcat hate. Why would someone in a $60-65K Dodge care about potentially losing to a brand new $100K+ BMW? I get that anybody buying a Hellcat definitely cares about performance and being fast, but at the end of the day, they go home in a car that costs half the price, is still nice by any standard, and didn't lose that bad to begin with. Plus they have a car that won't nickel and dime them to death if they choose to keep it to 150-200K.

Pump your brakes. Have you seen a Chrysler product with that mileage on it? It's not pretty. Like a dog that has lived WAY longer than it should have.

Amazing performance but the styling is mundane.

Just how I like my super sedans.

^^This.

In 4 years it will be worth 30k, and be completely unreliable.

I wish that wasn't true. M/AMG/RS cars get beat on mercilessly. I wouldn't wouldn't remotely consider touching one without an ironclad CPO warranty. They're expensive to buy new and even more expensive to own used.

Never_Enough

Established Member
LOL have you ever looked at the service requirements for Audi? Full timing and cooling service required every 70k miles or else your engine grenades itself . oh BTW, we thought it would be cool to package everything in the bay super tight so you literally have to remove the entire front end if the car just to get to your timing cover .
Just when I think maybe I should reconsider the Euro cars for my next toy...

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member

Yeaaah you're really f'n wrong. BMW still includes maintenance it's 3yr/36k instead of 4yr/50k. Brakes aren't covered but it's inexpensive to add them back to the maintenance. BMW never covered tires to begin with.

Oh, and leasing has been up for every brand over the last five years. It's the preferred avenue of ownership for new car shoppers.

Users who are viewing this thread