1000+HP Turbo Coyote Intake Selection?? Help me decide

blown302stng

Established Member
I am in the process of gathering parts for a coyote build and I am stuck trying to decide what intake to go with. The car in question will be backed by a powerglide and will be shooting for 1100-1200rwhp.

With that being said I want to make sure I can maximize the combo.

It seems my options are
Stock intake(ported)
Boss Intake
CJ
Holley Sniper

I know the Holley sniper is fairly new but I am hearing mixed reviews about power. The CJ appears to be a nice intake, but not sure it is worth the extra $$. At this point I am leaning towards a stock intake that has been ported or a boss intake. I have seen multiple cars make over 1000rwhp with the stocker, but it appears a lot of pictures I see posted of turbo cars are running the boss intake

With that said I would like to hear some feedback of what you would choose for a 1000+ HP car that will see a mix of track and street.

Thanks
Jeremy

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Sniper. It's better than Un-ported boss and better than a ported stock intake.
It's been 7's in 2 different turbo coyote cars already and low 8's in a coyote swap turbo car.
JPC
UPR
BMS
All had success with boost and sniper intake

blown302stng

Established Member
Sniper. It's better than Un-ported boss and better than a ported stock intake.
It's been 7's in 2 different turbo coyote cars already and low 8's in a coyote swap turbo car.
JPC
UPR
BMS
All had success with boost and sniper intake

I actually have a sniper intake, but was thinking about returning it since I hadn't heard much posted since it came out, but maybe it is worth holding on to?

Anyone else have feedback on the sniper? Or opinions?

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I am part of BMS and we were first ones to test on boost and the car picked up from the CJ we had on it.

I know Ronnie @ JPC went from Boss to Sniper with success as well.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Few guys are showing a loss with the Sniper...BIG HP guys...so just keep that in mind.

blown302stng

Established Member
It appears that people are getting conflicting information regarding the sniper intake I really wish somebody would post and Dyno graphs and numbers in comparison

Big Q

Established Member
What about the mmr intake

Boss intake will take around 26-27 psi, if your looking around the 1100-1200 whp range you would be under that. MMR is nice as it's stronger and has ports for sensors etc but unless your really going to turn it up I'd probably just stick with the boss.

CPRsm

Of the fast cars that use them, all but one have no data to compare to. And I have yet to see anyone actually go faster with one.

Ported boss vs sniper
losses were getting progressively worse so testing was stopped here

image.png

Deespeed99

Established Member
Those are my graphs, I couldn't turn the car up anymore because I could tell back pressure started to rise (Not logged just power increase per pound of boost). The Holley manifold is trash, flat out. For a N/A car it will probably work fine and is a much cheaper alternative to a cobra jet setup but for a high HP boosted car it is junk and won't work. Even at 10 to 15psi it may still work fine in a mild boosted application. All of these people who are claiming it works so great either did not do true back to back testing or switched other things WITH the manifold swap so they did not get a true gain or difference. It was a poorly thought out design and not enough testing and R&D was done. You would benefit 1000 times better from porting a boss manifold or a CJ then putting this thing on. Now i understand a lot of higher HP guys need to get away from plastic manifolds (Like myself) because you start getting issues with them lifting off the heads above 30-35psi but having a custom manifold made is really the only option right now or modifying a Holley manifold to work.

Users who are viewing this thread