11 5.0 E-Z clutch sticking FIX

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
This is what to do remove upper clutch switch(it will brake if you do not remove) Then remove clip on clutch master push rod slide it off then lift up clutch peddle and slide off clutch helper spring assembly. reinstall push rod and clutch switch. The clutch is a little stiff but not bad to me. I shifted mine at 7200 to test it no sticking at all and it pops right off the floor. I don't know how to post pics yet working on it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
This is what to do remove upper clutch switch(it will brake if you do not remove) Then remove clip on clutch master push rod slide it off then lift up clutch peddle and slide off clutch helper spring assembly. reinstall push rod and clutch switch. The clutch is a little stiff but not bad to me. I shifted mine at 7200 to test it no sticking at all and it pops right off the floor. I don't know how to post pics yet working on it.

email some pics to me and ill host them up for you

sb03cobra

Established Member
Sounds better than spending $200 on a new clutch box!

I have not had this happen to me yet, but will soon have a tune in the car and shifting at 7000+.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Thanks for the info.

I just wanted to note that I saw a picture of your pedal assembly on another forum. It appears different than the one out of our 2011. Your pedal has the helper spring assembly as well as one on the main pivot shaft for both the clutch and brake pedal. Our clutch as pictured below only has the helper spring and no spring on the main pivot shaft for the clutch.
photo4.jpg

I'm curious to know what would happen for those that remove the helper spring that don't have the other shaft spring that your assembly seems to have.

Jared

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Yes that had me scratching my head i though you guys may have removed the spring but now know. I think that it will be ok the only thing you have to watch is you throw out bearing riding the clutch and wearing out to fast.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yes that had me scratching my head i though you guys may have removed the spring but now know. I think that it will be ok the only thing you have to watch is you throw out bearing riding the clutch and wearing out to fast.

as long as people arent riding the clutch they should be fine, mine feels like it did in the my old cobra with a Fiore FW and quadrant installed... feels 10000x times better and more responsive

Users who are viewing this thread