11,500 on my F1's

swami

Established Member
and the right side tires are shot. i guess the factory alignment was out or went out of spec? i am going to install a set of MM caster camber plates before the next gumbies go on because i would rather piss my money down any other place but a tire hole. i'll be lucky to get another 1000 miles out of my worst tire and i drive conservatively (most of the time). i got a good deal on another set of F1's with only 1800 miles from Exit Speed from this board but i sure would like to find a better compromise on wear vs. hookup-handling. i am thinking about a set of 315/35 GS-D3's on 10.5 rims in the rear next time. any input will be appreciated.

swami

Established Member
i rotated and balanced with every oil change (5000 miles); you can only rotate front to rear with uni-directional tires.

BWH2003

Established Member
They can be unmounted and then remounted to the other side.

swami said:
i rotated and balanced with every oil change (5000 miles); you can only rotate front to rear with uni-directional tires.

swami

Established Member
okay guys, i think i have it figured out now. after i had the MMCC plates installed and a 4-wheel alignment my tire wear has reduced dramatically! sometimes it's hard to tell visually that your tires aren't wearing well until it's too late. having this car aligned often is cheap insurance considering the cost of decent tires. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread