'11 GT Procharger Videos (drive-by, walk-around, in-car)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Here are a couple of videos of my car since I got the Procharger installed. I'm getting my McCloud twin-disc clutch in this week and hopefully can get a few more videos done where I can be a little more agressive with the car.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zsrpxvno1I"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT with Procharger (walk-around video)[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRNgP6wvws"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT with Procharger (drive-by video)[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCUEsBLInro"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT with Procharger (in-car video)[/nomedia]

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Man, you got one nice ride! That exhaust is killer, can't wait to see the new videos!

I bet your neibors love you!! lol

We are known as the family with the big driveway and all the Mustangs, LOL!!

Nice man! Were you thinking about lowering it ?

Yes, I'm still on the fence about lowering it. I know it would look better with a little drop, but with the CDC chin spoiler the front is already lower than you think. It is very difficult to load on my car trailer now with the stock ride height!

Very nice, Greg!!

I'm not far behind ya, bro... won't be long...

Thanks Chris :beer:

Are you still thinking about putting the FRPP Whipple on your car? Boost is VERY fun!! :burnout:

SVT_4_me

Established Member
give us a full review once you get your clutch installed... i am very curious to see if this helps with any of the clunky/notchy shifting and grinding problems with this MT82.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Thanks Chris :beer:

Are you still thinking about putting the FRPP Whipple on your car? Boost is VERY fun!! :burnout:

I can't make up my mind. Don't know if I wanna go roots or centri yet... hell...
I've even been looking at the turbo option... LOL

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Dang that is a sweet set up. I am very jealous...

give us a full review once you get your clutch installed... i am very curious to see if this helps with any of the clunky/notchy shifting and grinding problems with this MT82.

I'm hoping to have it installed by Friday. I went ahead and bought a Barton shifter and support bracket since the trans would be out of the car.

I got the McCloud RST with an aluminum flywheel. I'm hoping the combo of the new clutch, shifter and bracket will give me a MUCH better overall shifting experience in the car.

After I get some break-in miles on it; I will finally be able to powershift the car at 7K RPM's without having to worry about the clutch pedal sticking to the floor!!! :banana:

I can't make up my mind. Don't know if I wanna go roots or centri yet... hell...
I've even been looking at the turbo option... LOL

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the blower options that are out right now!! Whether you go PDB, centri or turbo the car is going to make great power!!

Entrenched

Established Member
Car sounds great; I'm doing the clutch in a couple of weeks in mine.

Are you putting it in yourself? Let us know how you like it and how bad the install is. I've been thinking about the Barton too, but I keep telling myself to wait for the MGW.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Car sounds great; I'm doing the clutch in a couple of weeks in mine.

Are you putting it in yourself? Let us know how you like it and how bad the install is. I've been thinking about the Barton too, but I keep telling myself to wait for the MGW.

Actually my friend is doing it tomorrow as I'm working night shift this week and will be sleeping during the day. He has already put one in his car.

I had been waiting on the MGW shifter too, but I figured if I had to pull the trans to do the clutch and new slave cylinder then it would be the best time to do the shifter and bracket. The friend who is installing the clutch has a Barton shifter in his car and really likes it.

BTW, your car made some serious HP!!! :rockon:

nocobrafornow

Established Member
hey man you have a beautiful car with great power, my ? is are you running dr's or do the Perellis that come on the Brembo wheels just hook that good. i would have thought traction would be worse. great car and all you supercharged guys are about to make me upset my bank account, because its satrting to seem like having a 12 or 11 sec 2011 gt is pointless.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
hey man you have a beautiful car with great power, my ? is are you running dr's or do the Perellis that come on the Brembo wheels just hook that good. i would have thought traction would be worse. great car and all you supercharged guys are about to make me upset my bank account, because its satrting to seem like having a 12 or 11 sec 2011 gt is pointless.

I have a set of 17" Race Star 'bigs n littles' with Mickey Thompson drag radials for track use.

The video was taken with the 19" Pirelli 255/40/19 summer tires that come with the Brembo brake package. When the weather is warm and the streets have some heat in them the Pirelli's hook surprisingly well. I know some bolt on 6 speed manual '11 GT's (420 rwhp) that have ran high 11's on these tires.

The temperature was in the 70's the day that we did the video so that helped with the tire spin. The fact that the Procharger is a centrifigal supercharger makes it a little easier to hook than the PD blowers since you don't get that instant torque 'hit'!

These new 5.0's are really responding well to the power adders. You may as well come join the group, boost is FUN!!

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Love the Plate!! Awesome in car video!

Do you think the stock "crush pipe" and exhaust diameter from the X to the Axel Back is hurting power at all? I only ask cause I noticed in the video you only had the Lethal O/R X and Hushpower Axel backs.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Love the Plate!! Awesome in car video!

Do you think the stock "crush pipe" and exhaust diameter from the X to the Axel Back is hurting power at all? I only ask cause I noticed in the video you only had the Lethal O/R X and Hushpower Axel backs.

I've had the plates for about 10 years now. I have had them on several of my Mustangs. They are always a conversation starter and for the most part the cars that I've had them on could 'back them up'. ;-)

I guess the resonators or 'crush pipe' could hurt the power a little, but I actually had an exhaust shop cut them out and weld in a piece of straight pipe that was the same diameter as the rest of the exhaust right after I installed the axleback.

The car was 'obnoxiously' loud without them. My wife told me she could here me over a 1/2 mile from our house when I went through the gears!! I went back to the shop the next morning and had them weld them back in (luckily I kept them). If it gained any HP it wasn't worth it to me!!

Users who are viewing this thread