119 C8's over 100k right now...

fitforspeed

Established Member
Exactly. I wish I bought a brand new 03 Cobra instead. However, I did end up getting two 03 Cobras later in life. So, I didn't pay sticker for the Cobras, but have them now. So, believe me, I learned my lesson hind sight being 20/20 LOL.

Winter Haven huh? I bought my Roush down the road at Brandon Ford LOL.

Yep, I looked at Brandon Ford back in 01 when I was shopping for the Saleen. They used to have a ton of Roush & Saleen at that dealer back then. I think they were one of the top in the country back then for Saleen/Roush sales. Ended up getting a Mineral Gray Saleen in Sebring. Sebring was another dealer that had a ton of great inventory back then.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lilcoop03

Established Member
I have to say, these cars are game-changers. They are not for everyone, but I am a fan. That being said, paying $30k over for one is in fact stupid but... CAPITALISM.. I am happy tracking and modding my C5Z for a while and wont own one for a long time, if ever.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yep, a red one was at a car show I attended on Sunday. It got very little attention.

View attachment 1661926
Rather have the Long Beach Red Grand Sport next to it. Sorry but can't wait until the C8 is in the same class as a Mercedes Benz or BMW where it's great as long as you have a warranty, but when not best just hand over your wallet, when anything happens engine wise and you need to repair it as you got to yank the engine completely out!!!!!

Dusten

Established Member
Dude on a YouTube channel I occasionally watch sold his with a couple thousand miles on it for a healthy profit. Is this the first time in history that a brand new car was actually a short term investment? o_O
No, a few years ago guys were flipping new porsches for a good profit.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I don't even understand the hype. Its ugly as shit. Looks like a design that Ferrari would have scrapped.

There's certain things you can do that can make them look real nice.

This should start right when the black C8 pulls in:

^ That's how they should have come from the factory.

Gives me hope for a cladded-out Z06/Zora.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I love everything about them excluding the tail lights, something needs to be done.

I particularly love the feels it gets all these hypocrites in...dudes that literally scream about capitalism being king, and then cry when someone lists their C8 for over MSRP because the market is supporting that value. ThIs Is a RiPoFF AnD IsN't FaIR!!!!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I love everything about them excluding the tail lights, something needs to be done.

I particularly love the feels it gets all these hypocrites in...dudes that literally scream about capitalism being king, and then cry when someone lists their C8 for over MSRP because the market is supporting that value. ThIs Is a RiPoFF AnD IsN't FaIR!!!!

Fair is where you go to ride the ponies.
The bro’s here are calling it stupid, not a ripoff.
If you’re paying that much over you have more money than brains.

stvdman

Established Member
ITs certainly a car the looks better in person than in pictures.

For the cost (MSRP), just nothing directly compares anymore, NOTHING.

I was cross shopping GT350R and C8 Z51 (same MSRP's). Finally realized just completely different approaches to the driving experience.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
There's certain things you can do that can make them look real nice.

This should start right when the black C8 pulls in:

^ That's how they should have come from the factory.

Gives me hope for a cladded-out Z06/Zora.

amazing that this guy has $1+ million worth of cars in a regular house. ill take a baller house with a mustang in the garage thanks.

that black C8 does look better. awesome 12.5s fit on the rear. i think the all black hides much of the meh of the cars design. it definitely looks much better than bone stock though. ill give it that.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
amazing that this guy has $1+ million worth of cars in a regular house. ill take a baller house with a mustang in the garage thanks.

South FL/Miami, 3 car garage, probably gated community...still probably a 500K+ house. He very well might like the area and not want to move further away. Plus some folks are fine with 3K sq/ft and don't want some 10K sq/ft mansion.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Only an impatient fool would pay it. There are plenty of dealers out that that will sell them all day at MSRP.

stvdman

Established Member
From a Mustang Bullit owner and car reviewer.

I am still in to check these out, and NO, I would not be doing it if it were $15k+ more, thats just not me.

08mojo

Established Member
Fair is where you go to ride the ponies.
The bro’s here are calling it stupid, not a ripoff.
If you’re paying that much over you have more money than brains.

^this.

It boggles my mind why you would pay that much for the 1st gen base C8. Same thing with the dummies that paid ADM on a gt350, only to find out it had flaws that were addressed in the later years and could be bought off the showroom floor under msrp.

I get it when it comes to a limited production car, say a ford GT. But to pay ADM on a base corvette, which is going to be mass produced for years, is just plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread