12/1 vs 9.5/1 19 gt350 makes 494whp!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
actually it seems like the E.T is slightly high for the mph/whp.

The trap speed on that calculator is dead nuts to what my car trapped vs my whp/weight but the E.T is about .4 high but most of that is in the 60'.

Calculators aren't usually accurate on ET because of the variables but trap speed is easier to calculate given weight and hp

It's within 1 mph of my trap speed and whp dyno also... hmmmm.

LostM

Established Member
I almost believe this just knowing how much it pains you to post that soft of a number.

Interesting.

666 is lower than what i was guessing which was around 680.

I have pics of a good portion of the dyno sheet, as well as the car there. My source wont tell me exactly where or how they got it, nor allow me to capitalize on it.
But the source is very trustworthy, but could be playing me..

He did say it was 98* in there, as well as there is no 1:1 gear and i dont know what gear it was ran in

I speculated 680rwhp, and still think thats true, in better/normal/average conditions

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have pics of a good portion of the dyno sheet, as well as the car there. My source wont tell me exactly where or how they got it, nor allow me to capitalize on it.
But the source is very trustworthy, but could be playing me..

He did say it was 98* in there, as well as there is no 1:1 gear and i dont know what gear it was ran in

I speculated 680rwhp, and still think thats true, in better/normal/average conditions

Very well could be.

I thought you said you were there, or this is 2nd and info?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I almost believe this just knowing how much it pains you to post that soft of a number.

Interesting.

I’m not sure why? Amg auto we’re losing about 18% just a few years ago.
475hp GT3 lost 16%
Demon lost 11% in both 808 and 840 forms.
All these % assumes they are right on claimed crank power numbers.
I believe there will be a few 64x to 67x whp numbers from factory depending on dyno.

4VFTW

Established Member
And you're being SUPER GENEROUS on the 60 ft. time if we are talking bone stock.....it's not cutting 1.6X 60 ft. times on a 315/30/20 tire.
I dont think it's impossible, though improbable without amazing track prep and certainly not happening on unprepped asphalt.

blk02edge

Established Member
Is there some kind of standard for chassis dyno that will give proper 100% accurate readings? I have never seen much consistency to them.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Is there some kind of standard for chassis dyno that will give proper 100% accurate readings? I have never seen much consistency to them.
No.
Every pull will be different.
Every dyno manufacturer will be different.
Gears is it 1:1 will make it different.
Heat will make it different.
Humidity will make it different.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member

No.

And most importantly sae ratings vary. Some assume 77°, others correct to 60°, others revert to gross hp, others assume net or gross hp, etc etc.

Loading and unloading the load cells matters, etc.

SlowShelby_TX

Established Member
No.
This is part of why I detest this type of discussion. SAE correction factors mitigate this to some degree, but even then it will vary with altitude and engine aspiration methods. A dyno is just a tool at the end of the day. It is best to use the same one and compare results from similar weather, but that is not how the internet works. Even SAE factors don't take into account adiabatic efficiency of compressors.

I certainly mean no disrespect to the OP. I just think people are a little nutty for reading into the numbers too much.

As far as the transmission loss discussion, the GT350 transmission would never be behind the GT500 mill. The DCT is probably more efficient than the manual that they would have had to use. Just spitballing here ;)

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
This is part of why I detest this type of discussion. SAE correction factors mitigate this to some degree, but even then it will vary with altitude and engine aspiration methods. A dyno is just a tool at the end of the day. It is bet to use the same one and compare results from similar weather, but that is not how the internet works. Even SAE factors don't take into account adiabatic efficiency of compressors.

I certainly mean no disrespect to the OP. I just think people are a little butty for reading into the numbers too much.

As far as the transmission loss discussion, the GT350 transmission would never be behind the GT350 mill. The DCT is probably more efficient than the manual that they would have had to use. Just spitballing here ;)

None taken, I honestly think ford found a little extra power. The 2019 gt350’s are trapping 2-3mph higher and hitting 60 a quarter second faster.

My point with the thread is that the 760hp crank number could well be like the 390hp number in the 03 cobra’s.

Gabed1972

Established Member

Interesting.

What were stock 13-14 GT500 putting up on the Dyno?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I remember waiting on the 14 I ordered, ( 112 days ), and seeing dyno results posted on this site, 590, 603, 610, 614.
Couldn't wait to get my baseline,.
..............which turned out to be 585...... ( DynoJet, J1349 corrections. )
My tuner's dyno isn't as generous as some !!

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I dont think it's impossible, though improbable without amazing track prep and certainly not happening on unprepped asphalt.

Even with track prep and wicked DA, perfect weather conditons etc etc. on the factory tires (base car tire or CF Cup 2's) it's not hooking 1.6 60's. A drag slick or DR's...………...maybe and it's a big maybe. That mag ride suspension is not set up for drag racing I don't care what Ford says about the base car being the "drag oriented" car. You need a different suspension set up for drag racing and a proper tire at the back to see your 1.6X 60 ft. times, if it can pull it off carrying all the heft.

LostM

Established Member
It aint cutting no 1.6 on a street tire. 1.7 lowest and still 99% unlikely. 1.8 is the best I think one can hope for street tires.

1.6 should be no problem with a radial though

Users who are viewing this thread