12 & 13 Boss owners, still smitten?

dazwelding

Established Member
Congrats HI RPM, you will love it. I am more than happy with my current selection of mustangs, but my wife and I both miss our '12 Boss.

HI RPM

Established Member
I finally got to drive it a bit yesterday. WOW! This thing revs quick!
The roads where clear but the temps only in the mid 40's. So I didn't push it to hard.
I was able to get the car state inspected.
While getting the registration from the glove box, I found the exhaust restrictor plates lying there, behind the owners manual.
I guess that explains the great sounding exhaust note. HA!

The cars put away, resting in the garage. I'm sure it will be quite a while before I can drive it again.
I am hoping for a short winter/early spring.

HI RPM

Established Member
thumbnail_IMG_0101.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0105.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, but it's all I have right now.

Weather looks like it may be warm AGAIN on New Years day.

Once more, if the roads are clear of salt and slop, I will go for another ride.

KBBoss302

Established Member
They are such special cars, even almost 8 years after they started being delivered! Congratulations again! Looks fantastic and I'm sure you will love it more and more.

HI RPM

Established Member
I was able to go for a short drive again yesterday.
The temps was up some (high 40's) but the roads were a bit wet in places. At least the salt was washed away.

Again I had to drive easy. I am starting to get a better feel for the car. I am really liking it.
I am most definitely "smitten".

although the traffic on the road was light, I am finding that the Boss attracts dim- witts who want to tailgate. Had a couple of clowns in an old fusion that wanted to ride my ass.
Had it happen many times in the past, when I drove my old Vette.
Seamed like every kid wanted to show me how fast their mother's car was. HA!

Man, warm weather can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Exedy lightened flywheel, MGW shifter, upgraded rear upper & lower control arms, Michelin PS4s, and a tune from Shaun at AED. Car will be about perfect then!

HI RPM

Established Member
B7BlownSnake, thanks for the recommendations.

The Pirelli's are brand new, so they will stay for the time being. My clutch still feels good, so a while longer before that upgrade happens.
Now that MGW shifter, that could happen this winter, if funds allow.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
B7BlownSnake, thanks for the recommendations.

The Pirelli's are brand new, so they will stay for the time being. My clutch still feels good, so a while longer before that upgrade happens.
Now that MGW shifter, that could happen this winter, if funds allow.

Make sense. My E63 came with brand new PZero crappers so they will stay too. Trust me, you will be amazed when you throw some Michelin PS4S on there. Whole new car.

My clutch was fine too, replaced with 2000 miles, but try a few shifts at 7500 (or 8200 after I got tuned) and you will see the limitations. I never had gear lockout or any shenanigans, but the pedal was just soft and not communicative. I would 100% recommend that clutch and flywheel combo as they made the car feel so much better and were fairly inexpensive.

HI RPM

Established Member
B7BlownSnake, Would you go so far as to recommend the clutch/flywheel before the shifter?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
B7BlownSnake, Would you go so far as to recommend the clutch/flywheel before the shifter?

I'd do them at the same time if you can swing it. If you have to separate them, go shifter first. The stock clutch is crappy in certain situations (repeated high rpm shifting) and the stock shifter is crappy in all situations.

Swine

Established Member
Yeah i am still smitten with mine. Looking forward to doing OPG's, cranksproket, and L&M intake only cam and making ~460 whp. Very mild pump gas setup making killer power and OEM drive ability.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Still lovin’ mine...even with the 6R80! Very grateful to have her. Was stoked when she was bone stock, and still stoked with all of the changes I’ve made.

Users who are viewing this thread