12' GT500 vs. GSXR 1000

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Well, it's been over 2 weeks since I upgraded to the 2013 5.8 TVS and a meth injection system. The new set up put down 740rwhp and 749 torque, I've only put 35 miles on the car since the upgrades and wanted to take it for a spin this afternoon.

When I was driving on a 45 mph road a motorcycle pulled up on my bumper, passed me and within a mile or two started down a ramp onto the interstate. When he passed me I notice the bike was a GSXR 1000. Now I'm a 40 year old guy and I shouldn't do things like this but I accelerated and started to merge onto the interstate behind the bike.

As we were driving down the ramp the rider started looking over his left shoulder for oncoming traffic--there was only one car coming leaving 3 empty lanes for us. At about 50mph the bike rolled into the throttle and I buried my GT500. There was a good 6-7 car lengths between us as we merged onto the interstate. The rider on the bike lifted at about 110mph and let me pull up beside him.

When I pulled up next to this guy he looked over at me, shook his head and gave me the motion to run. We were rolling at 75mph, I was holding 3rd gear, I flashed him a big smile and then gave him the signal to go. He buried the throttle first, I then turned the GT500 lose--we ran to 155mph. When we lifted I had pulled him by over half a car.

Like I said, this was my first run since upgrading and all I can say is, "damn, I love these cars!"

Below is the pic of the victim.

GSXR1000_zps5914f3c2.jpg

Draiter

Established Member
Unless the rider fell asleep, was a novice, or had no idea what he was doing, there is NO way you'd beat a gsx-r1000.... I have a 13' gt500 and a 2007 GSX-R1000 and I can tell you, my bike would walk your car alllllll day long...

Sorry.... you need 900-1000rwhp to beat one of those.

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Unless the rider fell asleep, was a novice, or had no idea what he was doing, there is NO way you'd beat a gsx-r1000.... I have a 13' gt500 and a 2007 GSX-R1000 and I can tell you, my bike would walk your car alllllll day long...

Sorry.... you need 900-1000rwhp to beat one of those.

Well, I haven't owned a bike since I was 20 years old (that was a ZX9) but after reading your post I became inquisitive and did some quick research on multiple year model GSXR's, including 2007. By the way, can you tell which year model that is in the pic? I don't follow bikes but I just read a road test of a 08' and 09' models that show their 1/4 mile times of 10.5 sec. Many youtube videos show 10 sec runs and of course there are bikes with mods running 9's. I have no clue what the deal was with bike I ran today other than it said GSX-R 1000 and I pulled him in a legit run.

Anyway, wether the driver as asleep, was a novice or otherwise--my 12' spanked him and I'm still smiling.

By the way, is your 13' stock? I love those cars!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I can see a over 700 RWHP GT500 beating a liter bike from a roll. A dig and you would get crushed, but a roll...maybe?

Again the bike needs a good rider and the after 130mph debate about bikes having issues will start...watch..

Bike guys hate to loose even more than terminator owners....quoting factory bike times will certainly not be the "average" motorcycle guy..

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a video on my FB page of my buddy on his 1000 in 600 mode barely beating a 700rwhp gt500.

As said before anything can happen on the street.

Draiter

Established Member
Well, I haven't owned a bike since I was 20 years old (that was a ZX9) but after reading your post I became inquisitive and did some quick research on multiple year model GSXR's, including 2007. By the way, can you tell which year model that is in the pic? I don't follow bikes but I just read a road test of a 08' and 09' models that show their 1/4 mile times of 10.5 sec. Many youtube videos show 10 sec runs and of course there are bikes with mods running 9's. I have no clue what the deal was with bike I ran today other than it said GSX-R 1000 and I pulled him in a legit run.

Anyway, wether the driver as asleep, was a novice or otherwise--my 12' spanked him and I'm still smiling.

By the way, is your 13' stock? I love those cars!

Just busting balls... anything is possible... I've raced a ton of cars on my bike...everyone wants to us, never had anything come close, of course I've been riding 25 years..
My car is bone stock.... have a catch can and that's it. Going to do some suspension mods before I bring it our for the year...

Draiter

Established Member
There is a video on my FB page of my buddy on his 1000 in 600 mode barely beating a 700rwhp gt500.

As said before anything can happen on the street.

You do realize there is a huge difference between the abc modes on late model gixxers right? The difference between the a (1000) and c (600) modes is like night and day. The fact that your buddy beat a 700 rwhp car in c mode supports what I said.

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Just busting balls... anything is possible... I've raced a ton of cars on my bike...everyone wants to us, never had anything come close, of course I've been riding 25 years..
My car is bone stock.... have a catch can and that's it. Going to do some suspension mods before I bring it our for the year...

You'll have fun modding your 2013--they're beasts with just a few bolt ons. Good luck!

mtrsprt

Established Member
The liter bikes at the track are usually limited to 10's, because you can't 60' them well on stock rubber and stock swing arms. 60-150, A liter bike hauls serious ass.......

IGO 202

Established Member
Yep, that's the factory 2001 color for a GSXR1000. The bike is not only lengthened but it's slammed, look at the (or lack of) ground clearance under the belly pan.
Bike's lowered and stretched are set up for drag racing, makes them harder to wheelie but like in any sport there's posers.

The guy is pretty big for the bike, imagined his tuck was not all that great. Not making excuses for him OP but I've played with a lot of cars over the years on bikes and like it was stated above a 1000 with at least a pipe should have walked you.....never the less, good kill.

I'm slated to run a buddy's 1208 hp Supra from 60-180 in the near future and I'm stoked!! I'd rather hit it around 30 but that's his sweet spot.
Dan

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Yep, that's the factory 2001 color for a GSXR1000. The bike is not only lengthened but it's slammed, look at the (or lack of) ground clearance under the belly pan.
Bike's lowered and stretched are set up for drag racing, makes them harder to wheelie but like in any sport there's posers.

The guy is pretty big for the bike, imagined his tuck was not all that great. Not making excuses for him OP but I've played with a lot of cars over the years on bikes and like it was stated above a 1000 with at least a pipe should have walked you.....never the less, good kill.

I'm slated to run a buddy's 1208 hp Supra from 60-180 in the near future and I'm stoked!! I'd rather hit it around 30 but that's his sweet spot.
Dan

Good luck with that upcoming run. You'll have to provide the outcome and video.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Either a 2000-01. Carburetor model so no telling how good it runs. Good kill but most 05+ liter bikes will walk away. Don't but to much in 1/4 times because its all in the rider and fighting 1-3 avoiding wheel stands. Stretched out and slammed with a decent rider there low 9 second machines @ 150+

Users who are viewing this thread