12 sec LS1?

5.0 Pony

UJm Wow, all those cars that Matt posted are from NE. I know all three of them. The cars have been updated, the mods/timeslips dont match up at this point. Times are old, mods are newer. BEsides, Jay's white car was in the 12s with just exhaust and a stall running 2.73 Gears:eek: (LS1 TA)

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
slowtealz28 said:
Man everyone needs to chill a little. Yes, bolt on LS1's can go 12's. Yes bolt on LS1's can go 11's. Yes, stock LS1's have gone 12's though they are very very rare. And yes, elevation and DA have a huge impact on times, hence the crazy fast times that are achieved at Atco, Englishtown, etc. Mattmoto just isn't up to date w/the LS1's apparantly... dont chop his balls off because of it. I mean honestly, how man LS1 owners know all the times of all the different models of stangs w/mods? Just to clear things up, the chevy guys that are here really aren't here to stir shit up. Obviously every now and then you'll have some douche that wants to get all cocky, but for the most part we all just want to kick it a little and talk about cars. Just my 2 cents
I think everyone started "chopping his balls off" because of his original attitude in the beginning of the thread. Those cars might not run 12's in his area which is fine, but he came back with examples that made it seem he was bashing LS1's. People came back with their examples and proved him wrong.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Not to jump on sides here, but mattmoto isn't exactly full of shit. We all know how quick a LS1 "can" be, but there are a LOT of modded LS1s in Nebraska that really aren't that fast. Actually, the quicker ones are in Omaha (which is what he posted). I'm from Lincoln, and most of them can't hit 12s with a cam and full bolt ons.

You can't really call this guy stupid for saying LS1s around here take a lot of mods to run hard when that is exactly what the situation is with most of them in Nebraska.

KduncSS

Established Member
Kaczman said:
you're forgetting, all camaros are ugly.
:dw: I actually love the look of Camaros, especially an SS. Your SN95 Cobra Vert looks more like it belongs to a chick if you ask me. My aunt has one that looks exactly like yours. Opinions vary.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
silverstang00 said:
:dw: I actually love the look of Camaros

Me too!!

blue_catfish.gif

TXsilverado

Established Member
haha, i never noticed that a camaro looks like a catfish:lol: oh well... i like catfish too lol. i love the look of the ws6 though. i agree that most times a see a mustang i expect a chick to be driving it. 80% of the highschool cheerleaders around here drive them.

Venimus03

Established Member
FWIW, my buddy used to have a 00 SS 6 speed, only mods were Lid, gutted cats, stock SLP exhaust, plugs/wires and a NX 100 shot and he went 11.90 @ 118 with a 1.8x 60'.........

nighthawk355x

Banned
Pay no attention to the sh*t talker with the black v6 convertible "cobra"...he's a tool.

Let me start off with this...I can be totally unbiased here and say this. I am not loyal to any brand car, speed is speed. Anyone who buys a car for it's brand name is a tool in my book. We're all on the same team here as far as I'm concerned. I've had stangs and f-bodies alike and know what there potentials are. LS1's are DAMN good motors. Anyone who argues is just a bitter little Ford junkie baby. They're v8/rwd/domestics...so stop crying. It's not like it's a V-tec...

Must be some good drugs in nebraska if they can't run 12's in an LS1...either that or bad drivers!:lol: I'm in Jersey, not sure of the elevation, but with a shitty 60ft and slightly spinning I ran 13.2@105 in my old 98 Z, lid, y-pipe, cat-back, 3:73's, hypertech programmer, 2800 stall, BFG drag radials, THAT'S IT! And yes, I have time slips...4 of them. 105 is 12's with a good launch. I even had a half decent race with a stock 03 Terminator. Don't get me wrong, he beat me, and I knew he did, but it wasn't a total slaughter...for a n/a basic bolt on I didn't do as bad as you'd think. My friend runs 11.8@118 in his full bolt on, stalled, cammed 02 SS. And if you don't believe me that's fine, it's your perogative to be an ignorant A-hole.

BOTTOM LINE: F-bodies weigh as much as newer cobra's and have almost the exact HP N/A. If you're comparing 03/04 Terminators to LS1's you're just a damn idiot:loser: , it's apples and oranges. Why don't we supercharge the LS1's and see what happens...:-D There's a vortech kit that will give you a dyno tested 440rwhp with a 100% BONE STOCK LS1. Facts are facts and I have no reason at all to exaggerate, likeI said I love Cobra's just as much if not more than F-bodies...I just hate know-it-all's who in reality live in their own ignorant self-inflating little world. People like that are inevitably in for a rude awakening...

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:

haha they do look like catfish...however i personally have seen a bolt on LS1 run 11.8...this is the same driver that took his bone stock C6 A6 corvette to a 12.215 @ 115.45 (record for a stock LS2 vette). granted the track was ATCO (one of the faster tracks in the country) but it did happen

MuTiLaToR

Banned
hey, all I had on my 02 ss was a lid and I went 12.78 @110 with a 1.92 60 ft. and this was in a 6 spd so 12's are very doable even in stock form as long as you have a set of sticky tires. if ya dont believe me search for the thread under my name about 2 years ago..

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
So I'm an idiot because your car looks like a catfish? Hrmm, good point....
No you're an idiot because that's all you can come up with.

1st a car looks like a car, and a fish like, well a fish.

Nobody, I mean nobody gives a shit that some stupid children like yourself try and use it as a weapon to justifiy why you drive a Mustang.

I have no idea while you feel so threatened too stoop to such low tactics. Mustangs are nice cars and you should be proud to own one, but acting the tosser about other brands is as pathetic as you can get.

Hope this answers your question, have a nice day. :)

KduncSS

Established Member
Venimus03, thank you for showing some sense in this thread. And the whole Camaro/catfish thing is stupid. If you dont like it that is fine, but the 4th gen Fbody is a beautiful car.

MystictealLt1

Established Member
ExTurbo said:
haha they do look like catfish...however i personally have seen a bolt on LS1 run 11.8...this is the same driver that took his bone stock C6 A6 corvette to a 12.215 @ 115.45 (record for a stock LS2 vette). granted the track was ATCO (one of the faster tracks in the country) but it did happen
are you talking bout ls1lt1 on ls1tech? i think his name is marc?

Users who are viewing this thread