1200 hp fully built GT500 w/4.0 Whipple E85

sncblu03cobra

Established Member
That car makes my nipples hard. But on a serious note, it's a shame you have to sell but the buyer will be insanely lucky. GLWS

wallywagon

Established Member
Thanks Nick! Will, the builder said these rods/pistons/build combination can handle 1200 RWHP and has been proven man times. He is very reputable and I would take is word regarding engine builds over anyone else. Car has never had a problem so I'm not sure if Manley is just way underestimating the strength of their rods. I mean the factory Ford rods hold up to 800 rwhp for God's sake! All PMs answered and phone calls have been made. Thank you for all of the interest, offers and kind words guys!

wallywagon

Established Member
The reason this thread has been stagnant for a few months is because I decided to have the heads taken apart, redone/resurfaced and ported. I received several offers and surprisingly some of them were pretty good! I was unable to sell the car however as it was then disassembled and sent down to MPR to sugar coat what was already an amazing motor. I am still wanting to sell the car which sucks because I won't be able to enjoy the newly ported head work but will still incur a substantial cost due to disassembly/shipping/labor. My loss is your gain as I will have now put another 10 grand into the car only to see a fraction of that back :( If you've never been in a comfortable amenities rich rocket ship then now is the time. My loss (cannot describe how hard it is seeing cars on the road without having mine to give them the sledgehammer) is your gain. Price is updated to somewhat recoup the large loss I'm taking having the heads done, but know that you will be getting an almost brand new motor (it will sit in the garage once it gets back from MPR) in one of the most tastefully done GT500s out there. You can NOT build this car for what is in it. Shoot me a PM if interested but know that I will be waiting a few weeks for the motor to get back. I just wanted to give a courtesy update and get the ball rolling again. Kris Starnes will be doing the head work and is well known for his work in racing engines and more notably the Lethal Performance cars!

Ferrea - F2165P Stainless Exhaust Valves
Ferrea - F2164P Stainless Intake valves
Kris Starnes - Fully CNC Port GT500 heads to competition specs.
Kris Starnes - CNC Valve job,Surface and assemble
MLS Head gaskets
M-6004-54SVT CompleteTiming chain,Gear,and
Guide kit

Chris

cobrav8281

Rippin' Gears Out
Established Member
Chris is a great guy and I've personally taken a ride in this monster. It's worth every penny. It's in flawless condition. Glws. Buyers buy with confidence

Saikodi

Established Member
The reason this thread has been stagnant for a few months is because I decided to have the heads taken apart, redone/resurfaced and ported. I received several offers and surprisingly some of them were pretty good! I was unable to sell the car however as it was then disassembled and sent down to MPR to sugar coat what was already an amazing motor. I am still wanting to sell the car which sucks because I won't be able to enjoy the newly ported head work but will still incur a substantial cost due to disassembly/shipping/labor. My loss is your gain as I will have now put another 10 grand into the car only to see a fraction of that back :( If you've never been in a comfortable amenities rich rocket ship then now is the time. My loss (cannot describe how hard it is seeing cars on the road without having mine to give them the sledgehammer) is your gain. Price is updated to somewhat recoup the large loss I'm taking having the heads done, but know that you will be getting an almost brand new motor (it will sit in the garage once it gets back from MPR) in one of the most tastefully done GT500s out there. You can NOT build this car for what is in it. Shoot me a PM if interested but know that I will be waiting a few weeks for the motor to get back. I just wanted to give a courtesy update and get the ball rolling again. Kris Starnes will be doing the head work and is well known for his work in racing engines and more notably the Lethal Performance cars!

Ferrea - F2165P Stainless Exhaust Valves
Ferrea - F2164P Stainless Intake valves
Kris Starnes - Fully CNC Port GT500 heads to competition specs.
Kris Starnes - CNC Valve job,Surface and assemble
MLS Head gaskets
M-6004-54SVT CompleteTiming chain,Gear,and
Guide kit

Chris

Question. If you have decided to sell the car and you also know that you are losing a lot due to selling such an extremely modded car, why are you investing even more on it? And then you are saying you will not get back as much as you invested recently. Whats the point of investing knowing that you will not get the invested value back? If you are really that easy with finances, why do you want to sell the car in the first place? Might as well just keep the car and not mod it for the next 1 year. I am sure the way you have been going, the amount you would invest in the car in the next 1 year would probably equal the value you would get back if you sell the car today.

Can you help me understand? I am sure potential buyers would have the same question.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Again…….move along…..the real question is why do you continue to cruise the market section and post BS…..this is ANOTHER one of your posts that should be deleted.

Saikodi

Established Member
Again…….move along…..the real question is why do you continue to cruise the market section and post BS…..this is ANOTHER one of your posts that should be deleted.

I am interested in the cars and hence I browse the forum when I get a chance. And I am sure you do for the same reason. :)

Forums are for exchanging thoughts. You dont delete posts from a forum unless if its criticizing someone.

BS - I dont think its BS. Its an honest question to the seller and you for sure should not be answering it.

Now here is the real reason if your mind can digest it - I bought my car and in 2 months have invested 13K on it. I have more mods planned out. I was wondering if I am getting into a similar state. By looking through the posts here, I can get an idea as to what are people mostly changing and how much the cars are going for with the mods. Also, it helps me understand what the best mods for the car are.

Again, I am not insulting anyone here. Just trying to understand the intention of the seller. And you also need to stop responding to questions that are not directed at you.

wallywagon

Established Member
Thank you Steve (serickson)! I am full disclosure here. I am trying not to continue to put money into the car. In fact instead of just porting the heads I went ahead and got a triple Walbro 465 pump setup (vs. the twin setup) and had beefier rods put in to handle even more boost. I sincerely don't need to sell the car, but someone might be able to help me break an addiction. I bought a smaller pulley to run 28 psi with the 3 pumps/ported heads and new rods which should yield +/- 50 rwhp about 1150 to the wheels. I would love to enjoy the car....and I will, but I find that I might just be better off letting it go; even though I'll return to this twisted behavior when I buy something down the road.

PMs replied to and thanks for all of the compliments everyone!!!

wallywagon

Established Member
Richard, the trade would have to be for a H/C/I C6Z plus cash if I were to go that route. Thanks for the inquiry though!!!

richardv6

Established Member
I have a mint showroom condition gmc syclone with only 22k miles not a scratch on it..plus 40k cash?

badblackhemi

Established Member
Richard, the trade would have to be for a H/C/I C6Z plus cash if I were to go that route. Thanks for the inquiry though!!!
Hmmm kind of like the 2007 H/C/I with coilovers and forgeline wheels sitting in my driveway...? Crap, decisions decisions. Knew I shouldn't have been bored and browsed these forums haha. What kind of cash you talking about? This one has about $35k into it. 611rwhp.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Was just browsing through and drooling over the build...opened your 2nd idle video and recognized the gas station!! I lived right down the street from there!! Haha

You around KC?

rockthemullet

Established Member
Question. If you have decided to sell the car and you also know that you are losing a lot due to selling such an extremely modded car, why are you investing even more on it? And then you are saying you will not get back as much as you invested recently. Whats the point of investing knowing that you will not get the invested value back? If you are really that easy with finances, why do you want to sell the car in the first place? Might as well just keep the car and not mod it for the next 1 year. I am sure the way you have been going, the amount you would invest in the car in the next 1 year would probably equal the value you would get back if you sell the car today.

Can you help me understand? I am sure potential buyers would have the same question.

I concur.

Users who are viewing this thread