1200 hp fully built GT500 w/4.0 Whipple E85

wallywagon

Established Member
Sorry for no response lately guys! I don't get notifications on the forum posts....only PMs. While the heads were getting ported I went ahead and had Tim replace the rods with stronger Manleys which he assures me will hold 1500 RWHP easily and has been proven many times. Because of this the motor is still in Florida with him as the rods have been back ordered for months now. The reason I am adding to the car continually is because I am on the fence about selling it always. I want it then I want cash then I want it....

Point is. If I received a solid offer it would be gone. PM me with your best (Richard I replied to your PM) and I will get back with you! Motor will be back shortly after labor day and put back in the car by a Shelby authorized Ford dealer here in KC. Then garage kept until I make a decision.....motor is basically a brand new build again for whoever ends up picking it up!

RUBENK - I live in OP! If you want to come see the car and vouch for me sometime LMK haha! Should be all buttoned up again by the end of next week and rocketship powered.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
RUBENK - I live in OP! If you want to come see the car and vouch for me sometime LMK haha! Should be all buttoned up again by the end of next week and rocketship powered.

Hell yes I do!! Thats right down the road. If my Cobra isnt sold by then, i'll bring it over!

*edit* Your PM box is full

Last edited:

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
WOW. I'm in OP too OP, might just have to come look at this beast!

wallywagon

Established Member
Inbox cleared Ruben pm again! Mark you bet sir! Richard,I'm a doufus and didn't pay attention last night when I tried to send it less than 60 seconds after I sent another pm

wallywagon

Established Member
After much reluctance and some pretty amazing trade offers (just not looking to straight up trade even though there are some monsters out there) I am willing to be a little more loose on the sell price. I've gotten complaints of poor picture/video quality so I did a quick walk around of the car which can be seen in the vimeo link below. My Windows laptop makes the audio sound muffled and horrible whereas my MAC provides the proper sound FWIW. I will be uploading another video shortly that shows a quick drive and how docile the car is until you push the go pedal. I am still looking for a C6Z06 stock and some cash for my car or the asking price is now 63k OBO. This has been up for a while and the reason for that is because the heads were getting ported with stronger rods put in which detered some potential buyers who've PM'd me months ago. I assure you this car will go shortly and is 100% buttoned up and is now (with the smaller pulley) well over 1100 RWHP (1300 crank). PM me if interested and no unreasonable offer will be overlooked. The video does not do the car justice and it sounds like a "drag boat" many have said. The car is completely murdered out down to the muffler tips and gets a thumbs up every time it is out. Check out the walk around!

https://vimeo.com/107710135

Chris

48yrs

Established Member
Was hoping you would have stayed into it a little longer and made 4th gear your funtime.

wallywagon

Established Member
Got some great trade offers all but I am really just interested in cash or a C6Z06+cash and more recently an older style Cherokee SRT8 + cash!

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Jesus, what a beast. Can't believe I've never seen this car around town. So tempting! What's up with the other light on the dash? Not the traction control, but the exclamation pt?

How's this thing run compared to Naughton's blue vette?

wallywagon

Established Member
Jesus, what a beast. Can't believe I've never seen this car around town. So tempting! What's up with the other light on the dash? Not the traction control, but the exclamation pt?

How's this thing run compared to Naughton's blue vette?

Thanks! I am willing to work on the price some as I understand it is a niche market. The other light on the dash is the Tire pressure alert. Because I have slicks on and need traction I don't air them up to the 40 PSI that the light requires haha. I ran once against Jeff and had no traction so we didn't get a good race....this is why I offered to buy new rear tires. FWIW though when I dumped into 4th as third was useless I started pulling pretty good on him. He was ahead of me at the get go because he dead hooks, but it was obvious with traction I would have put a car or two on him. Keep in mind that he is running at about 900 wheel right now and pulling timing because of heat so he is not 100% but even still his car is a monster. When I ran him I had the bigger pulley on also so it was less boost (around 1050 rwhp/900 trq). Shoot me a text if you would like to see it (I PM'd you). It is a lot easier to bite the bullet on Satan's daily driver when you see it in person :bowdown:

wallywagon

Established Member
Thanks Zinc! I actually just had the best time of my life last night in it. The most gratifying it gets is when you take your buddies for a ride and they cannot stop ranting about how incredible the car is and how they have never been in anything like it.

I should add a point of clarification here; I keep getting PMs about whether you can convert this to pump gas. The answer is yes. However, to run pump gas you would need to reduce the boost and that means going with the 4" pulley Whipple sells. There is more than enough motor for that so you could potentially keep the smaller pulleys for a time when you can find race gas. A re tune is required for this as you will be pig rich after the switchover without it.

Alternatively you can sell the 4.0 to someone with a 3.4 or a 2.9 and run less boost that way plus make a little cash.

Lastly, I love terminators but I am not going trade for one as I would just rather have the cash. I'm not going to give this thing away but the next reasonable non-trade offer I get I will likely do whatever I can to make it happen. If I don't sell it by next spring I never will as I will have all other priorities in line.

wallywagon

Established Member
Thanks gaspasr! The pictures and videos just don't do the car justice. Without fail I get someone commenting on it whenever I take it somewhere. I took my neighbor for a ride actually and he said "Man if I had this car I would be like "f*ck you" to everybody" lol! If no one buys it soon i'm going to pull it off as I have been saving up for other things and once I have enough for both that's it!

Users who are viewing this thread