1200+ miles, 21hrs, 5 tanks of gas (2 cars), Best Friend road trip = 2nd Mystichrome

04 MysticMan

2nd Terminator, 5th Cobra
Established Member
So I got a chance to pick up my second Mystichrome the other day and it was in Jacksonville, FL and I live in VA. So talked to the owner and worked some things out with him and was talking to my best friend (silver03svt) said "sweet we can take a road trip and pick it up" I thought he was joking at first but he wasnt. So after about a week of back and forth and our schedules freeing up. We left on Friday at 830am and got back Sat at 0515am. So here she is

image_zpszyzm1uh1.jpg

image_zpsyre8l4dc.jpg

image_zpsyoobqbzj.jpg

image_zpslveimuhz.jpg

image_zps5av5jusj.jpg

image_zpsrw9deexb.jpg

image_zpswda0vg1q.jpg

image_zps7nycge1f.jpg

image_zps9hzlk7gv.jpg

image_zpssqnc3cfi.jpg

IMG_20160520_193753078_zpso9ozcnmh.jpg

IMG_20160520_193735961_HDR_zps67ooin5u.jpg

IMG_20160520_193705789_HDR_zpsvuvcpxyt.jpg

2004 Mystichrome
2.8 Pulley and custom Dyno tune.
Previous owner said 474rwhp.
Full Tilt Boogie rear end suspension kit
Other than a filter pretty much stock.
I am just excited to get back into a Mystichrome.

P.S. All pics are just back from trip and no wash / detail.
Also got 10.5 and brand new MT street comps 275/315 to go on the corners.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
How does it compare mileage and price to the others we have seen lately?

I will always regret no buying the Mystichrome Coupe that showed up locally to me, it only had 2.5K on it and he wanted 26K for it. This was way back in 2008. He had just bought a GT500.

04 MysticMan

Established Member
How does it compare mileage and price to the others we have seen lately?

I will always regret no buying the Mystichrome Coupe that showed up locally to me, it only had 2.5K on it and he wanted 26K for it. This was way back in 2008. He had just bought a GT500.

Little higher on the mileage but lower on the price. My previous one had 32k when I bought it and I literally was worried about driving it and it getting damaged. This one is still in great condition inside and the exterior is a 7/10 with a few character marks. But i promised myself that if I got another one that I would enjoy it and not worry so much. So the miles didnt bother me and the price made me smile. And besides I told myself that I would never get rid of it, so if I ever get to the point that the motor acts up, Then I guess a stroker kit and whipple / TVS are in its future. And yes I would still be kicking myself missing out on that deal as well.

19935.slow

Established Member
Car looks great!

Save yourself the trouble and do not mount those tires. They spin at just about any rpm or any aggressive driving in first or second.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Car looks great!

Save yourself the trouble and do not mount those tires. They spin at just about any rpm or any aggressive driving in first or second.

They're the same tire and size that I run on my with 537/509, and mine do a pretty damn good job of hooking. ANY STREET tire is pretty much useless in our cars in first and second when you drive aggressive, but the M/T Street Comps are great for what you get. Been running on mine since they first came out.

04 MysticMan

Established Member
Congrats on picking the best color. Looks in good shape.

I agree myself, hence why I've had two!! And I am surprised at the shape for the mileage. Interior / Exterior are in good shape for what I wanted. I am going to drive it and have fun with it.

bigmoose

Established Member
I agree myself, hence why I've had two!! And I am surprised at the shape for the mileage. Interior / Exterior are in good shape for what I wanted. I am going to drive it and have fun with it.
I know how it is. This is my second as well. When I sold my first one 6 years ago I regretted it hence why I bought a second as well.

stangfreak

Established Member
Love that color. Nice find. owner said 474 rwhp with a stock air box and stock exhaust?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread