1200WHP with VMP 2.65

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Project Buyers Remorse went 150? That’s surprising... your general high levels of saltiness on a GT500 forum seems more like a guy stuck in 10s at about 145 with an auto twin turbo car

Pushing a 12:1 sbe to 12 psi? Speaking of maxed out...

Nice side step, sharpie.

So now higher compression is off limits? The guys on this thread that are "NOT max effort builds" are all running more than stock compression. An LS1 genius like you should know that static compression is only one piece of a motors efficiency equation. I wont get into why it works --in stock form--on a Gen3 coyote in an attempt to keep the reading at the 3rd grade level for you so you can follow along... baby steps, right?

Youve reached a new level of stupid I havent seen in months on this forum.... congrats!

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Youve reached a new level of stupid I havent seen in months on this forum.... congrats!

upload_2019-6-2_17-8-51.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is a stupid ****ing argument.
It is, so I’ll take the high road here to clarify a few points, then I’m done. The goal of this forum is to help other enthusiasts out so that said:
1) The best build and shops will maximize results from your parts and budget. This is supposed to be a compliment.
2) If you have a stock crank, iron 5.4 block and want to maximize the Gen 3 TVS2650, follow this build. We’re talking 26psi and 1200rwhp after all, so if you want more, just know the stock crank is only good to 1200hp range before it’s flexing and the iron block barely that power level.
3) If you truly want a maxed 5.4/5.8 combo you’ll need a sleeved aluminum block and custom billet crank. And I didn’t think I needed to say it, but at that cost, NO WAY you’ll be using a Gen 3 TVS.
So, no more from me here.
I’d like to see what this car does at the track or what it looks like on a stable dyno graph with boost curve.
We’ll probably see the Gen 3R released tomorrow and then this will be forgotten, but as I’ve said from the beginning, pay attention to this thread if you have a GT500 and want to maximize the regular Gen 3 TVS.
-J

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Here we go!

Nice numbers. So it looks like ~a 5% peak WHP gain in a forged piston/rod motor, high-boost E85 application vs a regular Gen3. I liked the video. I do find it misleading that the huge red-letter caption on the title frame of the vid says "Stock Coyote". When you watch the video, you find out that it is indeed a forged piston/rod motor. "Stock" to me doesn't mean aftermarket pistons and rods, E85 fuel system, etc. but I guess it is a relative term. Just looking at that cover frame, you'd think you can slap a Gen3R on a stock Coyote and rip up the rollers with 1052 WHP on 93 pump. Would be curious to know the boost #s, etc....and would be curious to see the results on an actual stock coyote setup on pump gas... but that kind of video probably wouldn't convert many Gen3 users to Gen3r buyers. I like the blower a lot....just not the marketing hype.

upload_2019-6-3_10-31-4.png

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice numbers. So it looks like ~a 5% peak WHP gain in a forged piston/rod motor, high-boost E85 application vs a regular Gen3. I liked the video. I do find it misleading that the huge red-letter caption on the title frame of the vid says "Stock Coyote". When you watch the video, you find out that it is indeed a forged piston/rod motor. "Stock" to me doesn't mean aftermarket pistons and rods, E85 fuel system, etc. but I guess it is a relative term. Just looking at that cover frame, you'd think you can slap a Gen3R on a stock Coyote and rip up the rollers with 1052 WHP on 93 pump. Would be curious to know the boost #s, etc....and would be curious to see the results on an actual stock coyote setup on pump gas... but that kind of video probably wouldn't convert many Gen3 users to Gen3r buyers. I like the blower a lot....just not the marketing hype.
Boost numbers are at the bottom of the dyno sheets. The Gen 3 made 24 psi, the Gen 3R 26 psi. I'm assuming they had the same pulley and throttle body, but I don't think they clearly stated that. Looks to me that the R version started pulling away from the first design at about 6,500 rpm. I don't think it's going to make a marked difference to the pump gas crowd.

I think what they meant by stock motor was that it had stock cams. Better rods and pistons only served to help them rev the crap out of it, but I don't see that it made any more power over 7 grand. I'm assuming you could duplicate those results on a stock bottom end.... at least few times.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Nice numbers. So it looks like ~a 5% peak WHP gain in a forged piston/rod motor, high-boost E85 application vs a regular Gen3. I liked the video. I do find it misleading that the huge red-letter caption on the title frame of the vid says "Stock Coyote". When you watch the video, you find out that it is indeed a forged piston/rod motor. "Stock" to me doesn't mean aftermarket pistons and rods, E85 fuel system, etc. but I guess it is a relative term. Just looking at that cover frame, you'd think you can slap a Gen3R on a stock Coyote and rip up the rollers with 1052 WHP on 93 pump. Would be curious to know the boost #s, etc....and would be curious to see the results on an actual stock coyote setup on pump gas... but that kind of video probably wouldn't convert many Gen3 users to Gen3r buyers. I like the blower a lot....just not the marketing hype

View attachment 1577268

26.2 psi at the top of the pull.

Attachments

• D5A94403-97E8-4D0B-A666-2A767674B5EA.jpeg
    D5A94403-97E8-4D0B-A666-2A767674B5EA.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 247

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Boost numbers are at the bottom of the dyno sheets. The Gen 3 made 24 psi, the Gen 3R 26 psi. I'm assuming they had the same pulley and throttle body, but I don't think they clearly stated that. Looks to me that the R version started pulling away from the first design at about 6,500 rpm. I don't think it's going to make a marked difference to the pump gas crowd.

I think what they meant by stock motor was that it had stock cams. Better rods and pistons only served to help them rev the crap out of it, but I don't see that it made any more power over 7 grand. I'm assuming you could duplicate those results on a stock bottom end.... at least few times.
I thought early on in the vid he stated it has NSR cams?

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Or 12:30 to avoid time wasting lol. But I made mistake saying early on in video, it mid way

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Or 12:30 to avoid time wasting lol. But I made mistake saying early on in video, it mid way
I was commenting on the video in post #104 and #106 n this thread, which is just over 5 minutes in duration. We're obviously not talking about the same thing.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Lunds build is a 5.8, either 11:1 or 11.2:1, Slawko ported heads, L&M NSR cams. They talk more about the engine combo on their first Gen 3 vid.

Users who are viewing this thread