124,000 mile dyno checkup

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
So since it has been over 60,000 miles since it was last dynoed, I put it up on the rollers to see if the motor is still as stout as it was when it had less miles.

True testament to how well built these cars are. Power was consistent and we were able to work the tuning to add to the midrange.

For those interested here is a vid of the first and last run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh1Cb43O5Q"]YouTube - Dyno[/ame]

In pic Run 2 was the first run. Run 7 was the final product.
hp-1.jpg

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
+1 I do agree that these cars were built well. I've had very little issues with the car even with bolt ons and gears since I bought it new in 01. Just keep an eye on the oil level. Driving habits go a long ways for the longevity of these cars. With these cars.. it's relatively cheap to make big power compared to other cars ... but to make it reliable ..Plan to save $$ if your into Drag/track/ street racing. Our cars were originaly designed for a 300 hp daily driven street car 8 years ago. Today.. you'll need nearly 500+ rwhp to be respectable.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Haha, I love the 3rd chirp. Always puts a smile to my face when I hear one. :D

Car looks good and sounds good.

BTW, you need a new sig pic. The current one does not do your pretty looking car enough justice.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Thanks guys. Just happy its doing this well. I always check the oil levels.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Make sure you do one of the cooling mods when you rebuild it. Heat build up from pooling coolant is one of the leading causes of #7 and #8 failure, IMO.

-Kevin

aah, good point. These motors have lots of finicky coolant issues. Found that out the hard way when my engine installer failed to burp the coolant in the proper procedure.

Any plans for the rebuild, if or when it happens? *cough* modular boss 324 stroker shortblock *cough*

Nice car, nice numbers. Cheers.

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread