13 14 cobra or c7 z06

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
For outright performance, I'd go C7. For better all around car (looks, size, sound, etc) I'm picking the GT500. If it's just raw performance numbers, C7. Not a fan of their looks, or company, but I would own one for the above reason... if it was the only thing that mattered.

gofast15

Established Member
Cam job on one of those cars is NOTHING (talking about cost and work involved) compared to upgrading cams on a 4 valve Ford.

You sure don't know crap about LT4 cars then . Average cam job [ labor,parts] on LT4 motor is around $4K. Motor is coming out or half of the car needs to be taken apart

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Wow thank you all for the input! I do have kids and thought about putting them in the back for a family ride but so many talk about the z06! I am so back and forth about it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
How about a c6 z06 with heads cam intake tune from rpm? Thoughts?

This.

That package will hang with a stock C7 and you will not have to worry about heat soaking the tiny blower. Looks are subjective. Supposedly interior is worse although c7 interior is not that great. Add procharger + e85 and run with most everything.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Not a big fan of those type of super chargers. Specially on the c6 z06 cause the cylinder walls are thin and hp is generally a peak thing. And the added weight was thinking rpm stage 3 or 4 all motor in light vehicle. Only thing though too is that the c6 is old now. :(

Entrenched

Established Member
C7Z. I had a 14 GT500 for about 3 months before getting my GT350. The c7z is the best overall car I've ever owned. Does everything great. My car is under the knife right now getting an F1X, wavetrac, and built trans. Not because anything is broken but we are shooting for 1300 rwhp so I decided not to push my luck.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hopefully the OP doesn't mind a slightly parallel topic:

What are folks opinions on buying modified (cam, SC, trans, etc) C6z or C7z's? What are some things to look out for? Stay away from?

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I should get a back seat the more I think about it so leaning back towards the gt500. Trying to find one for 40k with under 20k

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
C7-Z IMO is a nicer design and has the better interior. I love GT-500s, but I see them all the time around here. C7-Zs? Almost never. When I do see one (or even a regular C7-Z), it gets my attention.

total opposite here. i rarely see 13/14 gt500s, even more rare is the GT350. i see C7Zs everywhere. was the same with the C6Z too.

the two cars are apples and oranges. the vette is a sports car that sits very low and feels more cockpit like. the GT500 is a muscle car that feels more like a regular car (and height) but tons of brutal power. it just depends on what you're looking for in a car. i know some people feel like theyre crawling in and out of vettes due to how low they sit. they also dont seem as comfortable to me for long drives. especially since you cant recline the seat much. and the big kicker is back seat/kids. do you want your kids to enjoy it to or leave them behind? its nice to be able to pile all four in the GT500 and go for a drive, or drive them to school in it. the kids love it.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
total opposite here. i rarely see 13/14 gt500s, even more rare is the GT350. i see C7Zs everywhere. was the same with the C6Z too.

the two cars are apples and oranges. the vette is a sports car that sits very low and feels more cockpit like. the GT500 is a muscle car that feels more like a regular car (and height) but tons of brutal power. it just depends on what you're looking for in a car. i know some people feel like theyre crawling in and out of vettes due to how low they sit. they also dont seem as comfortable to me for long drives. especially since you cant recline the seat much. and the big kicker is back seat/kids. do you want your kids to enjoy it to or leave them behind? its nice to be able to pile all four in the GT500 and go for a drive, or drive them to school in it. the kids love it.
This is exactly what I am thinking. Vette is nice for someone that either has the kids out the house or no kids being young. I have a 1 year old now and 4 year old which if I want I can throw them in the back seat lol. But trying to find the dark grey with stripes around the price I want to buy might be tuff picking the color. I've had tons of black cars so really wanted to change it up.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
This is exactly what I am thinking. Vette is nice for someone that either has the kids out the house or no kids being young. I have a 1 year old now and 4 year old which if I want I can throw them in the back seat lol. But trying to find the dark grey with stripes around the price I want to buy might be tuff picking the color. I've had tons of black cars so really wanted to change it up.

well your price point is your barrier. $40k and under 20k, you're begging and cant be choosey lol. if you can stretch your budget by at least $5k you'll find way more cars in your search that meet your criteria. these cars are holding their value well. to me its worth it to stretch and get a nice clean, low mile car that you really like. dont settle. you'll be kicking yourself. t

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Yea you're right. If I can find one close enough I probably will pull the trigger. But I still have to drive this thing but I'm sure I will be satisfied with it as I was with my 03.

Recon

Established Member
Oh man I know! C7 z06 for 50k. Shelby gt500 45k. So close! Lol

I’d go with the LS7 over both of them. Something about having a bigass N/A V8 that’s a force to be reckoned with, just peeks my interest as of late. It’s like a Viper. Big friggin engine that still does really well when N/A.

Pick your poison.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I’d go with the LS7 over both of them. Something about having a bigass N/A V8 that’s a force to be reckoned with, just peeks my interest as of late. It’s like a Viper. Big friggin engine that still does really well when N/A.

Pick your poison.
Oh you mean the c6 z06. I would have to buy an older one like a 0y or 06 and then do the rpm stage 3. It's just an older car which is just turning me off. Cause everything is 13 or 14 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread