'13-14 upgrades on '07-12 GT500s

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a great night at our local track with 2 Coyote VMP Gen3 TVS2650 cars running strong in heat but I met 2 younger GT500 guys and both were interested in some parts, specifically a CF shaft and going E85.
I think this thread could become a single source list of '13-14 upgrades available to earlier GT500s.
For my questions:
1) CF driveshaft: I know someone was making an adapter, but is it readily available? Any links appreciated or like to relevant thread I recall?
2) Fuel system: Stock '13-14 pumps are pretty stout and I believe they're 2 stock Coyote GT pumps. With just a dual BAP and injectors and Canton filter upgrades, the stock '13-14s can make 800-900rwhp. One of the guys at the track can't afford a full Fore return kit but wants to use our great local E85. Can the early cars just swap in '13-14 fuel pump assemblies? Stock '13-14 injectors and pumps with a BAP could support most lower power guys just wanting E85 right?

Any answers above appreciated and other '13-14 upgrades relevant to '07-12 please share. Thanks.
-J

barspen

Established Member
Brakes - Fronts can go to 6-piston with 19/20" wheels. Rears can be easily upgraded to 13.8" - which look way better.

Exhaust - a few folks have spent the cash to replace the rear facia and upgrade to the quad exhaust.

Headlights and tail lights - I know rears can be upgraded with an insert (I have them) and I think the fronts are plug and play.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Brakes - Fronts can go to 6-piston with 19/20" wheels. Rears can be easily upgraded to 13.8" - which look way better.

Exhaust - a few folks have spent the cash to replace the rear facia and upgrade to the quad exhaust.

Headlights and tail lights - I know rears can be upgraded with an insert (I have them) and I think the fronts are plug and play.
I literally JUST installed 13-14 HID headlights into my 2011. Its unfortunately not plug and play. The 13-14 connectors for the headlight AND turn signal bulbs are very different.

HOWEVER, 5.0 Motorsport builds custom conversion harnesses that are literally plug and play. LINK to facebook ---->>>>

5.0 Motorsport

Using his harness, I swapped over my HID bulbs, ballasts to the 13-14 headlights and mounted the turn signal bulbs in the provided sub-harnesses. 1 add-a-fuse goes into the fuse box. There is enough length on the wire from the add-a-fuse to run it out of the box where the alternator and battery cables enter/exit. 1 simple ground to attach and the harness is fully functional.

The 1970 Mustang throwback DRLs stay illuminated even when the turn signals are activated. DRLs turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on.

Cost is around $180 bucks (I purchased in March 2018) via paypal and I would gladly spend the money again.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Had a great night at our local track with 2 Coyote VMP Gen3 TVS2650 cars running strong in heat but I met 2 younger GT500 guys and both were interested in some parts, specifically a CF shaft and going E85.
I think this thread could become a single source list of '13-14 upgrades available to earlier GT500s.
For my questions:
1) CF driveshaft: I know someone was making an adapter, but is it readily available? Any links appreciated or like to relevant thread I recall?
2) Fuel system: Stock '13-14 pumps are pretty stout and I believe they're 2 stock Coyote GT pumps. With just a dual BAP and injectors and Canton filter upgrades, the stock '13-14s can make 800-900rwhp. One of the guys at the track can't afford a full Fore return kit but wants to use our great local E85. Can the early cars just swap in '13-14 fuel pump assemblies? Stock '13-14 injectors and pumps with a BAP could support most lower power guys just wanting E85 right?

Any answers above appreciated and other '13-14 upgrades relevant to '07-12 please share. Thanks.
-J

13-14 CF driveshaft adapters:
AFAIK, the guy that manufactured the adapter plates sold his last set recently. Not sure why he stopped, but if he is willing to share or sell the CAD data Im sure any CNC shop should be able to resume production. I believe @Tob bought a set, he may remember the guy that made them.

13-14 Fuel pumps:
According to Whitebear Lake Ford, 2011-2014 base, GT and GT500s all had the same Fuel pump controllers:

Fuel Pump Controller - Ford (BR3Z-9D372-C) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

IIRC, the 2011 and 2012 GT500 PCMs control the FPDMs differently. If there is a way to swap in the 13-14 pump module into a 11-12, I would be all ears.

Also, the clutch master cylinder is an upgraded design featuring an aluminum housing as opposed to the plastic in 11-12. All mustangs 11-12 got the plastic housing. 13-14 base and GT mustangs got the old plastic master as well. 13-14 GT500s got the upgraded master.

Master Cylinder - Ford (DR3Z-7A543-A) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
13-14 Fuel pumps:
According to Whitebear Lake Ford, 2011-2014 base, GT and GT500s all had the same Fuel pump controllers:

Fuel Pump Controller - Ford (BR3Z-9D372-C) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

IIRC, the 2011 and 2012 GT500 PCMs control the FPDMs differently. If there is a way to swap in the 13-14 pump module into a 11-12, I would be all ears.
Interesting. I knew about the pumps shared with the GT but having two allows pretty good potential.
Always wondered why it wasn't a popular upgrade, but if the PCM doesn't support the drivers then that makes sense.
-J

StrayBullitt

Established Member
fwiw 13-14 tail lights plug and play no issues, but without the finishing trim there is a bit of a noticeable gap on the body line.. I find sometimes it bugs me, sometimes not -_____-

upload_2018-8-6_0-10-33.png

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
While a little more extreme, the 5.8 short block and 13-14 transmission are bolt-ons, albeit not easy ones.

I believe the 13-14 fuel pumps require a 13-14 fuel tank. It's not plug and play.

RBB

Established Member

boduke0220

Established Member
this is a good thread! was wondering about the Fuel pumps as I see 13/14 guys running BAP's and E85 a lot but not many 11/12 guys do.

Did anyone locate the CF driveshaft adapter? this seems like a really cost efficient upgrade.

Gauges, anyone put the 13/14 cluster In their 12? is it plug and play?

RBB

Established Member
this is a good thread! was wondering about the Fuel pumps as I see 13/14 guys running BAP's and E85 a lot but not many 11/12 guys do.

Did anyone locate the CF driveshaft adapter? this seems like a really cost efficient upgrade.

Gauges, anyone put the 13/14 cluster In their 12? is it plug and play?
There's a thread floating around regarding the 13-14 cluster swap. I think the hardware is PnP, but it seems to be a very involved process flashing the car to make it operational.

96gt02

Established Member
Please do not get those gap fillers, they end up looking way worse then just the minor gap these create

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Good looking out !... I feel like these were not available separately until recently ??
I bought a set on Friday along with a center decklid blackout panel. The trims are out of stock at the moment. I placed a back order on them, rather they just ship when they come back in stock than me checking the website everyday lol.

Please do not get those gap fillers, they end up looking way worse then just the minor gap these create

I actually though about getting them painted body color. Its a personal preference I think. I saw enough customer photos of these on a race red car that to me, they look better with the trims. Id be more bothered by there being a gap than there being bad looking trim.

Interesting. I knew about the pumps shared with the GT but having two allows pretty good potential.
Always wondered why it wasn't a popular upgrade, but if the PCM doesn't support the drivers then that makes sense.
-J
Id be really interested to see some numbers with the 11-12 and 13-14 pump modules on a 20V competition BAP. Just to see how much more flow the 13-14 pumps put out.

Last edited:

StrayBullitt

Established Member

Was kind of wondering about that..

I bought a set on Friday along with a center decklid blackout panel. The trims are out of stock at the moment. I placed a back order on them, rather they just ship when they come back in stock than me checking the website everyday lol.

Right on, be curious if you end up liking them..

I've been kicking around the idea of getting ambitious with some filler :eek:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Was kind of wondering about that..

Right on, be curious if you end up liking them..

I've been kicking around the idea of getting ambitious with some filler :eek:
Nah, effort would be too much to try and raise the profile line of the bumper. You would essentially be trying to build a wall where there wasn't much in the way of support. If anything, wait for the trims see if you don't mind the look. If it bugs you, take em off, have a paint shop paint them your body color and see if you like em then.

Personally, I love the shape of the 10-12 tail lights. I liked my 14 GT rear end, but I have always felt 10-12 looked more aggressive. Totally subjective of course.

RBB

Established Member
I would disagree with that, but my car is black and I can see how it would look odd on some of the other colors. IMO, no worse than the gap though.

9AB99AE6-57D0-4A70-AEAD-C8EC66E7B62E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread