13' GT vs 392 Challenger!!!

clean92lx

Established Member
So a friend of mine sells Dodge and has access to a 392 Challenger so we will be setting up a couple races against my 13' GT 100% bone stock manual trans w/driver mod in both vehicles. Will go from a dig and from a roll, and of course will be caught on video.

So, I've heard that this is a drivers race, but what will be interesting is seeing this go down with both cars being driven by people that actually know what they are doing.

Any predictions?

Last edited:

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
He's racing you in a car that's owned by the dealership and will possibly be sold to a paying customer for somewhere around 50,000 dollars?

:nonono:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Pull the chute...bail out! Bail out! lol I'd edit the OP.

If you can drive you should win. They are quick but they are Roseanne Barr fat.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
lol at all the "getting fired" comments. If you think people that work at dealers dont rag on the cars they sell then you are delusional, happens everywhere. I have twice seen brand new 2013 GT500's with 15 miles or more on them sitting in show rooms, you think they said "hey lets take this car for a quick spin but we have to keep it under 2k rpms.lol

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Having run sales departments at dealerships in my previous career, I will tell you that cars come off the truck from the factory with anywhere from 1-50 miles on them usually. The German cars especially. The 15 miles you see are not from joyriding. I will also tell you that any salesperson I heard of joy riding a car would have been fired immediately.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
lol at all the "getting fired" comments. If you think people that work at dealers dont rag on the cars they sell then you are delusional, happens everywhere. I have twice seen brand new 2013 GT500's with 15 miles or more on them sitting in show rooms, you think they said "hey lets take this car for a quick spin but we have to keep it under 2k rpms.lol

Yes, it's called respect. We had a Green With Envy 392 SRT Challenger on our showroom floor and NO ONE was allowed to drive it, until someone came in and bought it. Its people like him that give dealerships a bad wrap. So stupid. :bash:

Any idea what could happen? He could wreck the car, the dealership becomes liable, he has to pay X amount of dollars out of his pocket for a deductible, he mis-shifts, blows the engine.

Whatever... Do what u want.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Having run sales departments at dealerships in my previous career, I will tell you that cars come off the truck from the factory with anywhere from 1-50 miles on them usually. The German cars especially. The 15 miles you see are not from joyriding. I will also tell you that any salesperson I heard of joy riding a car would have been fired immediately.
still dont see why a gt500 should have anymore then a few miles on it unless it was a test vehicle..

Not all dealers are as noble as you are.lol

test drove 3 5.0's before I bought one and 2 of the 3 sales guys encouraged me to have fun with it

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
still dont see why a gt500 should have anymore then a few miles on it unless it was a test vehicle..

Not all dealers are as noble as you are.lol

test drove 3 5.0's before I bought one and 2 of the 3 sales guys encouraged me to have fun with it

a 30,000 dollar 5.0 isnt as big of a deal as a 60,000+ dollar shelby. Besides, all dealerships are required to drive new cars for a few miles while they're checking them in.

clean92lx

Established Member
a 30,000 dollar 5.0 isnt as big of a deal as a 60,000+ dollar shelby. Besides, all dealerships are required to drive new cars for a few miles while they're checking them in.
so your saying if you bought a 30k car you wouldnt care if someone beat on it but if you were buying a 60k it would be a deal breaker.lol

anyways before this gets too off topic, I really dont see a stock challenger beating me

try03venom

Established Member
im subbin for the results should be a great match up! Beat the crap out of it 30k or 50k lol stop being winey biatches!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Is the 392 an automatic or manual?

Auto= you lose
Manual = you should win

IMO of course

Mxfrench

Established Member
I work at a Dodge dealership and prior to getting my GT500 we had a SRT392 on the lot. Feelings got hurt *not mine*, just saying auto or manual if you can half way drive over from the start. My Gt was stock 6sp and it was an Auto. Jumped on it 1/4 after that if you keep going it will catch you.

clean92lx

Established Member
I work at a Dodge dealership and prior to getting my GT500 we had a SRT392 on the lot. Feelings got hurt *not mine*, just saying auto or manual if you can half way drive over from the start. My Gt was stock 6sp and it was an Auto. Jumped on it 1/4 after that if you keep going it will catch you.
lol see, it happens everywhere.

so you beat a 392 with a stock A6 GT? Now I really aint sceered! good kill!!

Users who are viewing this thread