'13 GT500 parts that will retrofit to any '07-'12...

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So, is it confirmed that the 13 Tvs will be a direct swap for prior model years? If so this will be a hot item in the market for the few that decide to upgrade.

backinastang

Established Member
If they are really going to run 15 psi on the 5.8 and buzz to 7k shouldn't it be making closer to 725hp. It seems that 5.4s with smaller cams and lower rpm's make 650 with a 2.3 TVS upgrade and less boost. I smell severely under rated or maybe they will be running 9 psi vs the claimed 15 psi. Am I wrong?

oldlugs

Established Member
...This whole "cross drilled cylinder heads" has to be a mistake. The block is cross drilled. The crank could be. But little (other than it having titanium slugs) has been said about the crank. Maybe you're onto somethin' Lugs!...

Just a few months late on this reply, but I think that Ti slugs in the crank is another mistake... Doesn't make any sense that you'd use a metal less dense than the steel of the crank. Typically used in balancing cranks is "Mallory Metal", a tungsten alloy. It's super dense, and used in counterweights when you can't make them large enough, due to clearance issues.

oldlugs

Established Member
Could the Titanium be the center of the connecting rod journals to lighten the rotating mass?

Interesting concept, but I think you'd have a really weak crank.
I think that if "titanium" is what was said, what was actually meant, was tungsten, and it would be pressed into the sides of the counterweights before final machining.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
If they are really going to run 15 psi on the 5.8 and buzz to 7k shouldn't it be making closer to 725hp. It seems that 5.4s with smaller cams and lower rpm's make 650 with a 2.3 TVS upgrade and less boost. I smell severely under rated or maybe they will be running 9 psi vs the claimed 15 psi. Am I wrong?
a forced induction car will produce whatever the factory programs it to produce. expect HUGE gains with just a tune.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Parts are and have been coming up in the system. Starting with a sampling of major engine components.

The '13 TVS has been entered into the system...

2013blower.jpg

Not shippable because I don't think any have been stocked yet. Previous year blowers are not denoted this way...

2013blowerb.jpg

No price on the '13 rods. They are slightly different than those from years '07-'12. For $220 apiece, Ford would make a killing selling these to all you lovers of forged powder out there (quietly note what Ford is asking for the 5.0's powdered works of art in comparison).

2013conrod.jpg

Tungsten filled crank bumps up in price somewhat...

2013crank.jpg

It is interesting to note that quite a few '13 components are cheaper than that of their '07-'12 counterparts. Evidence the harmonic balancer (among others)...

2013harmonicbalancer.jpg

As well as what has been reported as an improved oil pump for '13...

2013oilpump.jpg

Looks like the oil filter stays the same no matter how you option your '13 GT500

2013oilfilter.jpg

Get 'em while they're hot - the larger capacity, '13 cast oil pan for what looks to be a steal...

2013oilpan.jpg

The '13 and prior year lower intake manifolds have been intimated to physically be the same. The same listed price has me thinking they have it listed mainly because of the "5.8" being current in the parts system

2013intakemanifold.jpg

Oil filter adapter, 5.4/5.8 without/5.8 with super engine cooling...

2013oilfilteradapter.jpg

The '13 exhaust manifold's should be the same as '11/'12...

2013exhaustmanifold.jpg

But the 2013 catted H-pipe is definitely different that prior years...

2013catcons.jpg

2013 front brakes...

2013brakes.jpg

Rears...

2013rearbrakes1.jpg

Of interest, Ford must have made some changes to certain parts after they had suppliers start to fill orders. Pay attention to the notes at the bottom of the listings for 'radiator air deflectors'...

2013radiatorairdeflectorchanges.jpg

Same for the rear differential cover. What changes were made to allow a lower price?

2013differentialcover.jpg

No surprise here, the forged wheels, be they base GT500 or Performance Package - mucho dinero...

2013wheels.jpg

And close to my heart - the 2013 GT500 carbon fiber driveshaft...

2013carbonshaft.jpg

Tousley can jump on this one with a good price right away. Question is, what will it take to make it fit? Will FRPP step up to the plate (big hint, Mr Wilson!) or will we have to piece together (read $!!) in order to make this work?

I believe all '13 GT500's will have the cf shaft, yet there are some differences in the transmission assemblies that get paired differently regarding what cooling options are selected (note Ford calling the assembly a T56).

2013transmission.jpg

The super cooling changes included regarding the transmission...

2013transmissioncooling.jpg

Again, what will it take to fit the cf shaft to our oh-so-deserving earlier cars? Take a look at the 2012 assembly and pay attention to the output shaft flange...

2012transmissionoutputshaftflange.jpg

The 2013 assembly...

2013transmissionoutputshaftflange.jpg

A quick side by side...

2012vs2013TremectranscomparisonHIGHLIGHTED.jpg

I ignored many of the other changes that the two transmissions have between them. From a parts perspective, Ford shows the same output shaft for both years, giving some semblance of hope that major internal changes are not necessary (George, I continue to cross my fingers after our last discussion!).

I know that viewing only Ford parts changes isn't the most exciting thing one can do but it does provide a peek at what is coming very shortly. Hopefully it helps you guys.

Tob

On edit...here's a shot that George managed to get that he sent me under a '13 at the NYIAS recently. As he so eloquently put it "It looks to me like they removed the damper and installed a new splined yoke. I would say it would be as easy conversion on the older models". Man, I hope so!

GT500frontdriveshaft.jpg

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Well still waiting on my 2013 grill.. Been on order for a few weeks now. LOL guess I will find out more on monday.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Consensus? Think Ford Parts will have to charge more for the TVS than for the 'old guard' Eaton? It'd be odd if FRPP had to ask that Ford Parts keep their number up on the OE blower so that it didn't come in cheaper than FRPP's TVS...

:)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Consensus? Think Ford Parts will have to charge more for the TVS than for the 'old guard' Eaton? It'd be odd if FRPP had to ask that Ford Parts keep their number up on the OE blower so that it didn't come in cheaper than FRPP's TVS...

I hope that the OEM TVS is priced correctly. $2100 list, what could we get it for through Tousley?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't believe the $2,129.70 price you are seeing is for the TVS (note the 5.4 next to it). That price is for the older unit. While it is shown under the 2013 listing it shouldn't be.

I'll try to stay on top of it and update it when Ford shows a price for the TVS.

On edit, at least as far as what Ford Parts shows, that first listing is the old blower...

2013blowera.jpg

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's what we've been talking about.

I still haven't been able to verify if the pinion flange was changed to accomodate the cf shaft in any way...

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Tob, even if the 2013 CF driveshaft is able to be retro fitted to the 07-12 GT500, would the higher Ford OEM price be worth it assuming aftermarket manufacturers have bolt in CF options already available?

DSS CF Shaft

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The DSS piece is very nice. I readily admit to being partial to factory hardware, except for those thingies that connect the crank to the pistons.

If Ford/FRPP fails to make it a viable option soon I'd definitely consider the shaft you linked.

Users who are viewing this thread