13 gt500 state ref - do they check pulley?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What really gets me is they want to crack down on the loud cars, but they ignore the bikes. There's quite a few bikes just on base that rattle windows as they drive by.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
They may not want to induce a bike chase on public roads, which happens way too easily/ often. (At least where I am)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Update, they are letting pay it off with a ticket. What a joke
A few years ago a guy in my old club was pulled over in his fox and sent to ref. Everything on his car was legal, but the tech was a douche. There was some other drama as well, but that's another story. After his third "fail" he found out he could just pay the ticket so that's what he did. He was pissed when he found that out.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
A few years ago a guy in my old club was pulled over in his fox and sent to ref. Everything on his car was legal, but the tech was a douche. There was some other drama as well, but that's another story. After his third "fail" he found out he could just pay the ticket so that's what he did. He was pissed when he found that out.

How do you go about just paying the fee? I have a friend who’s non op’d his car over a ref issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
How do you go about just paying the fee? I have a friend who’s non op’d his car over a ref issue.

I think it depends on how the ticket is written. To be honest I'm not really sure. The last time I was reffed it wasn't nearly this bad. I managed to pass with the rear O2's turned off.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Hes gonna be screwed if he no op it because its gonna automatically get sent to ref to register.

claybeatz

Established Member
Yeah the cop said it was non correctable, the ticket did as well yet when I called the courthouse to explain she said I could pay it off. Like wtf

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I think it depends on how the ticket is written. To be honest I'm not really sure. The last time I was reffed it wasn't nearly this bad. I managed to pass with the rear O2's turned off.

He wasn’t directly busted. The shop that did his last smog got busted and when it came time to renew his registration, it was flagged to go to the ref. Funny story, one time he did get pulled over by local pd, they had him pop his hood. At first he was reluctant and thought he was screwed but it turns out they just wanted to check the car out, they were a pair of hot rodding cops. One said he needed the whipple for his boat His cars fully built in every way. Very nice car.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
I live right near that exit. always a hot spot for chp and rwc police on woodside road. they have also blocked off traffic to force people for roadside smog checks. it's getting sketchy out there
Redwood City woodside road right where you get off 280. Wasn’t speeding just downshifted into third and then second

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hes gonna be screwed if he no op it because its gonna automatically get sent to ref to register.

Do what?

Ive non op'd more cars than I can count and never had to ref, or do brake and lamp inspection, or anything other than pay the fees and smog if applicable -- in order to re-register the car.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I hate liberals and their bullshit politics. Politicians pose as noble crusaders, but they are self-servant and thieves of people’s freedoms and money.

Unreal with the car refs and shenanigans that goes on over there. It’s ****ing normal to a lot of the residents, so I presume most don’t bat an eye at the craziness.

Users who are viewing this thread